Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
i have 15% charcoal on my silver is.... i had 5 but it was too dark at night.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Tint on MsM

I have 20% all the way around, looks killer and you can still have some light pass through. On bright sunny days with the moon roof shade open, I dont even get pulled over!

·
Registered
508 Posts
i got 45% in the front and 20% in the rear. i think i looks great! not too dark or light in the back and perfect in the front.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Here's my car with madico charcoal tint 35% all around :D . Dark enough so I can get some privacy and light enough so Socal cops don't bother me.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I have 35% in front, 20% in rears. Click my sig.

·
Registered
45 Posts
does anyone know what (if any) % tint the IS is born with?

i want to get 35% (legal limit in MD) but if it already has 5-10% on it, then it will be 25%... and then i won't pass inspection and cops will hassle me...

·
Registered
799 Posts
The IS300 comes 70-71% tint. The State Trooper put this laser device on my window since I had to take my tint off. The only reason I was harass is b/c I had my entire windshield tinted. Two days after I took off the tint, I put everything back on.

Skim: Your not going to get harass with 35% tint. I had it on my old car and it passed state inspection. Also my friend has a tint shop in college park called fresh designs. They do awesome work. (301) 982-2110 and ask for Doug.

Vince

·
Registered
45 Posts
when i sold my CL last month, i had to take it to a trooper to inspect the tint before they would give me state inspection... even though i came in at 32% (and 35% is legal) the trooper made me take it off! :pissed: long story short, i had to pay a tint shop $100 just to get the tint removed...

i've heard LA Tint in sterling, VA is very good (but very pricey)... i used to go to Details Details Details in rockville... thanks for the tip! there's nothing more i can't stand than a purple fading tint!!! :bitching:

:chill:

·
Registered
989 Posts
so what is california max tint %. also isnt it alrite to tint the back how dark you want, just as long they can c the front?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts