Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm getting pissed off. My first tint job the guys left a gap at the bottom and cut my rubber strips in the back. That was redone but now there is a gap on the tops of my windows, and the guy scratched up the plastic piece near my door handle taking out the screw cover. I want a place that can do a precise and careful tint job, because I don't think I can trust anything these people say anymore :pissed: Can anyone recommend a place in LA/Orange County that you know is careful, and can remove tint carefully, especially for the back window??!! Sorry for being so picky, but danggit!

·
Registered
81 Posts
i just tinted my windows today

i have a 03 GGP is300 5spd. anyways, i got a tint today at Whittier Tint Shop they did a GREAT job. it took five hours, but it was well worth the wait, because there are no fuck ups on the job. Great place, great people...hahah they even let me barrow a 5spd honda civic while my car was getting worked on. i got limo tint in the back....and 20% on front windows. if u need directions / phone number dont be shy to hit me up with a PM.
-Lates-

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
i went to Window Tints Etc, in Los Angeles. The guy is also an authorized dealer/installer of xpel film.

Btw, I don't see why they would be screwing anything apart in order to just do the tint. sorry to hear about all your frustrations...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Precision Tinting on Thousand Oaks Blvd. in Thousand Oaks, CA.

Tinted 4 cars for my family and still looking great. My dad's M3 has been tinted for 5 years and it still looks brand new.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for all these places do you notice any gaps whatsoever (top or bottom), and how much did they charge for it? thanks

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Modless_IS_=( said:
Precision Tinting on Thousand Oaks Blvd. in Thousand Oaks, CA.

Tinted 4 cars for my family and still looking great. My dad's M3 has been tinted for 5 years and it still looks brand new.
they did my tint too...excellent job, no complaints

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Re: i just tinted my windows today

ThereAreVoicesInMyHead said:
i have a 03 GGP is300 5spd. anyways, i got a tint today at Whittier Tint Shop they did a GREAT job. it took five hours, but it was well worth the wait, because there are no f*ck ups on the job. Great place, great people...hahah they even let me barrow a 5spd honda civic while my car was getting worked on. i got limo tint in the back....and 20% on front windows. if u need directions / phone number dont be shy to hit me up with a PM.
-Lates-
i want directions/number! hehe..what kinda tint is it and how much did you get it done for?

-eric

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
i have had or sent close to a dozen cars to 5 star in torrance (corner of pch and hawthorne), and for good reason. they are about the best i've seen and generally give a little price break to my friends/family.
if you are in the south bay, the owner's name is dennis.

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
BEST TINT Inc. in Irvine is great! they do not only car windows...but residents too... very proffesional... will do ANY tint (5 windows) w/ ANY percentage for 150 bux flat w/ tax... they did mine well 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
11 Participants
IS300eR
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing