Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Twisties Addict
12,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok fellas i just got back from picking up my car after my tint job.....all went well 35% all around.....BUT
-i was supposed to get a 5 inch strip across the top of the windshield....but my tint guy said that i shouldnt do it due to the factory teflon stuff behind the rear view! :(

Have any of you guys heard of this??

i know a few of you have tinted your entire windshield...what did you do about that?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
they can just cut around the black part of the windshield. BTW it's not legal to have the tint on the front windsheild since we don't have the DOT "arrow" marking indicating the lowest part the tint can go (in Hawaii at least).

·
Twisties Addict
12,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what the hell ^^^^

i guess that must be an Hawaii thing or sumtin.....

i have never heard of that......he said it might look stupid if you cut around it....i suggested that too.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
It will look stupid from the inside if you have them cut around the black part, because you will see bright light, then the tint... and if they don't cut it evenly, you will see it.

We also have that stupid DOT 'arrow' line here in Cali..but I don't believe anyone abides by them. haha

·
Registered
903 Posts
i have no clue if thats teflon or not, but it looked like dot matrix to me, so i decided not to. if youve ever seen tint on dot matrix, it looks uuggglllyyy, really bad lookin from the outside especially. so i decided it wasn't worth it. im happy w/ my tints, i also got 35 all around

·
Twisties Addict
12,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paki_Sleepa said:
i have no clue if thats teflon or not, but it looked like dot matrix to me, so i decided not to. if youve ever seen tint on dot matrix, it looks uuggglllyyy, really bad lookin from the outside especially. so i decided it wasn't worth it. im happy w/ my tints, i also got 35 all around
yeah i know dot matrix teflon whatvere you want to call it......we have dot matrix around the outside of our rear window too.....but only 3 rows of it so its not that bad....but there are still bubbles there....i guess there is not much we can do about it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.