Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get everyone's opinion on tint %. I DON'T want a ricemobile! I was considering 35% all around - noticeable without being too dark???

Also, the price I was quoted was $250 (llumar is the brand). The back windshield would be done in one piece. Comes with a 1 year warranty against bubbling, etc. Any feedback on price?

T minus 7 days and counting until blastoff

------------------
cardinal

·
Registered
132 Posts
Down here in South Florida there are a million tint shops and the competition is high.

I got my IS done last week at a shop in Miami. It took me almost 3 weeks to find a shop that was using 3M film....the stuff I've heard is the best. The shop used a shade called "Panther" that looks excellent. It's not really that dark, probably a medium shade (%?), but has a high UV and heat protection rating. I had the same concern about destroying the car with a limo tint job.

The installer told me he only uses Panther on high end cars. This stuff cost me over $180, which is high by South Florida standards, but like I said, it is definitely worth it.

I got a lifetime warranty on the job, but that is pretty much normal down here for anything but the cheapest of jobs. Once I get a couple pictures, I'll throw 'em up here.

------------------
'01 Imperial Jade Mica

·
Registered
112 Posts
3M probably makes the BEST tinting film out there. They have premium price, but with premium quality, too.

Andy Kuo

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a Silver IS and I went with 35% all the way around. I looks great. Tint is a must here in Southern California. CLASSY not ghetto style at all. I have Formula 1 tint. Lifetime warranty I was originally quoted 215 but got hime to come down to $195 I LOVE the results.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joel,
Any pics? That's just what I wanted to do and that way I could see EXACTLY how cool it looks!

------------------
cardinal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts