Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ok updating my "issue".Picked the car up today & everything is kosher......ticking problem resolved by what I was told by replacing all of the valve "buckets" including the seals on the intake cam.The car now sounds as smooth as it did especially during aggressive acceleration and I'm looking forward to another 95,000 trouble free miles on the odometer (typing that with my fingers crossed wasn't easy).....anyway I hope this helps everyone that has or will experience this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok updating my "issue".Picked the car up today & everything is kosher......ticking problem resolved by what I was told by replacing all of the valve "buckets" including the seals on the intake cam.The car now sounds as smooth as it did especially during aggressive acceleration and I'm looking forward to another 95,000 trouble free miles on the odometer (typing that with my fingers crossed wasn't easy).....anyway I hope this helps everyone that has or will experience this.
great to hear. how much were the buckets all together? you did all 12 right?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
The only thing I find strange about this is that nothing you do to the timing belt will cause an increase in valve clearance and ticking so, these two things don't seem to go together. I'm thinking either it was always ticking and you didn't notice it or that there was something else going on. The valve clearance is a mechanical thing that's not impacted by timing belt or VVTI pulley.

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
I'm curious what the cause was. Buckets aren't exactly on the list of components to replace with age.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts