Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any reputable shops in Monterey Park or nearing cities (626 area) that can do a complete timing belt change for a decent price? I've got a couple of quotes that were off the wall. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
^ What quotes did you receive? I can look around for you here in the Covina/W.Covina and Irwindale area. I need to get mine done soon too

·
Registered
295 Posts
Typeron,
Look for Nigelllllll (screen name). I believe he's in the same area. Long time my.is member and very respected. Maybe he can help you out.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
dare i say it...
Luxury Motorworks in in your area.
Used to go there, I had great service, but I hear mixed things.
Now I go to Dynamic Auto in Midway City (OC/ 714).

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
dare i say it...
I was thinking about Luxury Motorworks and talked to Steve for quotes. Any bad experiences with them?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I was thinking about Luxury Motorworks and talked to Steve for quotes. Any bad experiences with them?
not really. they've treated me well. and i don't want to hate on them, but it seems like everyone jumped off their bandwagon.

from my personal experience:

good - very helpful, friendly, knowledgable

bad - my BBK/ braided lines leaked out ALL my fluid a month after they installed it (but they flushed it and tightened everything free of charge), they kind of lag (takes like half a day for service), very far from me (I live in south OC)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ What quotes did you receive? I can look around for you here in the Covina/W.Covina and Irwindale area. I need to get mine done soon too
I've got a few up to a grand... more or less for the full timing belt changeover. Timing belt, water pump, all seals, tensioners, bearing, coolant, etc.

Typeron,
Look for Nigelllllll (screen name). I believe he's in the same area. Long time my.is member and very respected. Maybe he can help you out.
I w/ definetley hit him up... I always see his car around MPK... DAMN CLEAN!!!

dare i say it...
I got a pretty decent quote from them... Steve seems like a real stand up dude. I hear great stories about them, but @ the same time I am reluctant because I also hear bad stories.

dude
if u still need to do it
i know a shop
they did mine
soo halla me if u want
latez
You got PM.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
oh really?
you did see my car huh.....
haha

well, you might want to try pm ucdvwchan.
i know he knew a guy do a lot of lexus.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh really?
haha

Yeah, I see your car quite often, lol. I'll try to say what's up to you next time. Yeah, I'm gonna hit up ucdvwchan... thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
oh really?
haha

sorry i dont think my friend wants me to share his info here since he didn't ask me to do it. I would try to contact ZhiuPei's shop for service.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ended up taking my car to Luxury Motorworks. Thanks to Steve & Janice... awesome service!!! They set me up w/ a loaner car (older LS) & washed my car inside & out. Real cool peeps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts