Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 34K miles on my '05 IS and almost time for new rubber. I am still running on the original Bridgestones. I can't complain about the mileage I got out of them but new ones are running about $180 / tire. Should I stay with what has been a good thing or go with something else? Maybe a little bit harder rubber than the Bridgestones? I don't beat my car at all but I love taking exit ramps hard and fast so tight cornering is a must.

Suggestions on something better? cheaper? livelier than the Bridgestones? more expensive but worth it for the performance would be a possiblity too.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Wow your stock tires lasted you long. I only had my stock tires for 1 year & couple of months.

Falken FK452 is my suggestion.
Falken Tire

·
Registered
355 Posts
im running continental contisport contact 2's ive had them for a year and am overall happy and they run about 130

·
Registered
599 Posts
where do you guys think is a good place to buy tires? online or local store?

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
RE01R = the best steet tires!

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I will always push BFG KDW2s.... I dont think you can get a better all round tire for your money. They handle great in dry and wet, last a pretty long time (for a high performance tire) and aren't too pricey. They make a bit more road noise than your stocks... so you may want to consider that if you like the vault like stock setup. I drive pretty hard, and my set has nearly 15k on them and tons of life to go.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I will always push BFG KDW2s.... I dont think you can get a better all round tire for your money. They handle great in dry and wet, last a pretty long time (for a high performance tire) and aren't too pricey. They make a bit more road noise than your stocks... so you may want to consider that if you like the vault like stock setup. I drive pretty hard, and my set has nearly 15k on them and tons of life to go.

^^agreed. I have KDW's on my V right now, I also will tell you that toyo t1r's are great tires also for slightly more money.
Besides those I have had a set of nitto nt555's and they were OK, nothing special, but a decent tire for the money. I would recommend them to anyone however.

Any of the upper part of the high performance tires will be solid, KDW's, T1R's, Falken 452's. Etc.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
my General Exclaim UHPs came on the car when I bought the car. they have lasted pretty long so far and grip well when it's warm. they suck when it's cold. they arent the quietest, but at $73 apiece, do you really care?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts