Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this month my mods gonna be RMM front lip spoiler & grill. Well last 1hour i did all the neccesary research, however i am bit confused with the grill, i mean from what i understand by doing the search that basicly almost half of the people here not fully satisfied with RMM grill.

My car is crystal white & as i mention i am planning on adding rmm cf front lip spoiler plus already got flatline painted eyelid. So, far i like the Trd CF style grill & the Oem sportsdesign grill. However i can't decide which grill to go for. So, what do you all suggest which grill should i go with.

03/Crystal White
E-shift
Titanium Tint
CF style Hood Mask
Flatline Eyelid
TRD drop Filter
HKS Carbon Ti
Xerd Race-Pipe
JDM Antenna

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Re: TIME FOR GRILL

3KGTO said:
I guess this month my mods gonna be RMM front lip spoiler & grill. Well last 1hour i did all the neccesary research, however i am bit confused with the grill, i mean from what i understand by doing the search that basicly almost half of the people here not fully satisfied with RMM grill.

My car is crystal white & as i mention i am planning on adding rmm cf front lip spoiler plus already got flatline painted eyelid. So, far i like the Trd CF style grill & the Oem sportsdesign grill. However i can't decide which grill to go for. So, what do you all suggest which grill should i go with.

03/Crystal White
E-shift
Titanium Tint
CF style Hood Mask
Flatline Eyelid
TRD drop Filter
HKS Carbon Ti
Xerd Race-Pipe
JDM Antenna
The Lextasy carbon fiber grill is an exact match for the RMM lip. It is a pain to install but nothing matches the RMM better than that.

·
Registered
565 Posts
what makes the grill harder to install than any other....are those set up different?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am still having hard time deciding about which grill to get. Btw those with the CF trd grill, perhaps you all can answer this question which is according to few people the mesh on the trd grill is very see through, in another words what that means is that from out side the horn & is very visable....is that true?

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Did somebody say grill? carson toyota is stocked.

with draggers too

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, i didn't even know that there is Tom's grill available for IS. I like that black grill @ the bottom. Does anybody know if this grill fit perfectly. Hey thedon thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
3KGTO said:
Wow, i didn't even know that there is Tom's grill available for IS. I like that black grill @ the bottom. Does anybody know if this grill fit perfectly. Hey thedon thanks for the pic.
No problem, its what I do. And I agree, call Carson at (310) 522-2300
or email Steve Ganz --> [email protected]

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First & most thank you all for your feedback. Now, finally i made up my mind at first i was gonna go for the Sportdesign grill but, i think it's safe to say i will get the Trd cf-style grill. Allthough as many of you suggest about the Lextasy real carbon fiber grill but, then again from what i heard it's just like rmm grill were it doesn't line up straight. Anyways i just hope the trd grill look good on my crystal white Is with cfstyle hood mask.

03/Crystal White

E-Shift
Titanium Tint
CF style Hood Mask
Flatline Eyelid
TRD drop Filter
HKS Carbon Ti
Xerd Race-Pipe

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just bought the TRD cf style grille from Carson for $199 this week. It fits perfect and was very easy to install (5 minutes). :D

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fsusucks said:
I just bought the TRD cf style grille from Carson for $199 this week. It fits perfect and was very easy to install (5 minutes). :D

Cool, i will go-ahead & order one from Carson on monday. Btw i like the exterior setup on your ride, also what size rims are they 18 or 19.

03/Crystal White

E-Shift
Titanium Tint
CF style Hood Mask
Flatline Eyelid
TRD drop Filter
HKS Carbon Ti
Xerd Race-Pipe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.