Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have been reading many posts complaining about our cars, for it making all kinds weird noises and many of them were never solved or maybe some were "temporary" fixed (such as the moon roof cracking sound and the owners have to deal with it every time when the weather gets cold again.)

Moreover, look back in the past, there were problems with the paint chipping off issue, some of the bad transmissions, people's car suddenly shuts off whiling going 70 miles per hour, bad cdplayers.....just to name a few problems.

Now, I am wondering (and i know this is not the first time) if I write a letter to Toyota/Lexus in CA, how many of you would sign it (or at least provide your vin) and identify yourself as a, i guess you can say "victim"? (after all, I really do feel like I got ripped by Lexus, buying this $30,000 something car for such a poor quality.)

So, if you are like me and you are tired of putting up and dealing with this car or your dealer or Corporate Lexus, with all the noises this car is making, having to visit the dealer at least once every month and etc...I would like you to speak up. Not just to make posts. WE MUST GET THE MANUFACTURE INVOLVED.

And also, with the recent case in Canada, (http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13368592)
I think we can at least demand for some compensation for the amount of time we put in for driving to the dealerships, the amount of time we have to spend/wait at the dealerships and not to mention the gas we used driving to the dealerships. I think it is ridicules that when I have already paid 30 something thousand dollars and yet, I still have to indirectly pay more for it? And now, its not even about my money, its my freaking time.

So, with all this being said, I think my purpose is clear.

All comments are welcome and please let me know why you think this is a good or a bad idea.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I personally wouldnt sign it. I havent had any problems with my car after 15k miles. My only complaint is the service. They charge way too much because they know most Lexus owners have a lot of money. Only some dealerships do a good job when it comes to service, the one I bought mine from doesn't.

I am confident that if my car does have a problem, my dealer would try their best to fix the problem. They just charge way too much.

·
Registered
586 Posts
oh, boo hoo -- woa-is-me I spent all of $30,000 on a car and it isn't completely bulletproof and still subject to wear and tear.

grow up

if you don't like the car, then get rid of it. Why should I have to pay for your buyer's remorse?

d

·
Registered
572 Posts
I would NEVER sign that crud.

After you waste your time with your petition, go and sell your car and try to find the world's perfect car... I give you all the luck in the world... It is a piece of machinery you know.

For Pete's sake! *shaking head*

·
Registered
935 Posts
I would not sigh such a letter. Compared to the cars I grew up driving (I'm pushing 51 years old) the IS is a dream machine. Hell we used to get out a pen and paper as soon as we got home from the dealer and write down all the stuff the dealer had to fix. Usually there was a page or so! Any problems that I have would be addressed individually with the dealer and company.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
GROW UP!!!!

:roll: paint chips, is this news? NO! :pissed:
You mean to tell me that a rock that has been flung off a truck tire going 65mph and hitting my hood thats going 65mph for a combined speed of 130mph should leave a chip? You gotta tighten things up Lexus with bullet proof paint! :roll: LOL

Seriously these things are so minor its almost a waste of oxygen to talk about them!! I have NEVER had a major problem with my car after 20K, actually I have never had a mechanical or fit and trim problem with my car except for my CD changer which Lexus had NO problem making right!!

So quit your whining and drive the car.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I have had the car for 1 and a half years and it has never seen the dealer since I bought it and if anything was to go wrong I would never take it to the dealer, but fix it my self.

My IS300 is a great car..... but nothing is perfect, just fix it and move on.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
this car is so much nicer and better than any other car my parents or i have ever owned. I love the fact that i can cruise at 80 mph and hear practically no wind noise. A lot of other cars have lots of wind noise at 60. I think a lot of people think that since they bought a "Lexus," the car should be as nice as a LS430

·
Registered
13 Posts
Only $30,000???

Last time I checked, $30,000 was still a LOT of money.

Also, if you think the paint chips and various other problems are harmless, try this for a shocker:

Go to a BMW dealership (or Audi, or Infiniti, etc) and tell them you want to buy a new car. Then make sure they test drive your car. Point out the paint chips and other 'normal' problems with the car. Then get them to give you an estimate on your trade in.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i would not sign the letter. my car has 45k miles on it and its a fine ride to me. my car has lots of paint chips in the front. every car i have ever own has paint chips in front, headlight chips or whatever. you buy a car to drive not for show. lexus has already replaced my cd player, tires and trans update at no cost to me--free of charge with a loaner car (lexus vehicle) each time. that's what i call----customer service. my friends have bmw 330ci, x5 and such and they don't get a bmw loaner car. instead they get the enterprise rental special---chevy malibu, mitsu lanzer, dodge neon and etc.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Let me begin by saying thanks to all of the comments so far. My intention of starting this thread is not to turn it into a flaming one, so people with attitudes problems, please, go on and read something else. There are plenty of other threads.
Ok, the problem with the paint chipping off. Yes it is an old problem, but to my knowledge, no one was satisfied with the way things were handled by Lexus. And what I don’t understand is that according to ZID IS300, IF the chipping is caused by “a rock that has been flung off … hitting my hood thats going 65mph for a combined speed of 130mph should leave a chip” and so that sounds like a normal, regular everyday driving car, but I have never seen other people’s front bumper or hood has as many paint chips as some of the members here do. And also, its not like we ALWAYS drive behind a truck or whatever, and yet, why is this problem so common? Doesn’t this clearly present a problem and shows that there is something abnormal and wrong with this car, not to mention all of the common noise problems and when the price of this car is in the 30,000s.

And yes I do agree with the fact that “It is a piece of machinery,” but when the maker of this machinery is being ranked number one (quality wise) by J.D. Powers and Associates, doesn’t that imply something? I mean, ok, some of you NEVER had any problems with your cars but for the people who have had various issues with your car and by reading from this site, isn’t it obvious that some of the ISs weren’t made with the highest quality by Toyota/Lexus.

I would really appreciate more feedbacks from owners who have been experiencing various problems with their vehicles and let me know what you think of this idea.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.