Lexus IS Forum banner

Tien S techs + Installation

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Simis 
#1 ·
Where can I get the BEST price on a set of S tech springs? Also does anybody know where I can go to install them for a great price in the Orange County/Los Angeles area? please advise.

#3 ·
Like JPLexIS said ebay is the place to go. Or the forums here, but they will most likely be used. I picked up my set off ebay for 90 + shipping. Any shop should be able to put them on its not hard. Just remember you need to get your car aligned afterwards.

#4 ·
Just install them yourself. If you search for the DIY Spring Install on this forum, it is really not that hard even for a beginner with some basic tools and a spring compressor you can rent from Auto Zone. Just a word of advice, be careful taking off the lock lug nuts if you have them. 2 of mine snapped when I was trying to take them off. Good luck!!

#7 ·
Average installation price should range from 150-200 at a shop. I charge 175 where I work.

Be careful of getting fakes off ebay, there are some companies out there making a damn good copy of Stech's that aren't the real deal.

#10 ·
i was debating on what springs to go with as well (looking at the teins).. my car has about 80k miles on it though, so I don't know if I want to just go with springs on stock shocks with 80k miles on them or just wait and put them on aftermarket shocks.. i would rather just go with the springs, but i want to do it right

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.