Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I have yet another question this time big lol. basically when I drive I have a small thumping on my front wheels im sure it's passenger side but and I dont know what is is. At first I thought I had a flat but I checked and everything seems find even the tire pressure was fine. then i checked the wheels them selfs to see maybe they were mishaped but no. Then I got new tires just in case but the thumping was still thier. asked my dad and uncle and they said it could be my wheel bearing. asked some guys at the shop where they changed my tire and when they went to check they didn't know what would cause it.

So I'm once again turning towards the Is family and the power of the internet to help me find out whats the problem

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check your control arm bushings and alignment. May even be a worn spot in one of your ball joints.
i replace one of the a control arm to little difference. but One thing i keep thinking is a wheel baring. the only thing is thay most of the time people report a hum or growl not a thump. Also a bad wheel barring should have play on the wheel which mine don't have.

·
4,453 Posts
Wheel bearing usually whine. But you can check for play in them by jacking it up and tugging it in different directions.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Does the sound get faster with speed (like when the wheel speed increases) or is it occasional thumping (like suspension movement)?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If its consistent with the wheel spinning faster or slower then it is either a wheel or a brake issue.

Did they balance the tyres after you got them fitted?
Anyone hit a curb or pothole? Possibly bent the rim?
Check and see if the brake rotors are warped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts