Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone in the Seattle area is considering buying an IS300, go to Lexus of Tacoma at Fife. The service I received there was excellent! The salesman I dealt with is Jimmy Van Quach, and the sales manager, Frank Lee, is great, too. Their number is 1-888-71 Lexus.

I've bought and sold 5 cars in a little over a year, mainly from Acura and Honda dealers. I must say, although I did have great experiences with the Acura dealer, my treatment by these guys was excellent. And they have almost all the colors on their lot right now... except yellow, which is now mine!

Just thought I'd pass on a great experience since I know there are Washington people on this list. And hey, they've got an awesome black 2000 Integra Type R now, too!

Annie
Y2K S2K
Y2K+1 IS300

·
Registered
258 Posts
sup annie,
thanks for the info. i did hear great things about Tacoma Lexus not only sales but service as well... this lady (who's an attorney) got a $75 check from Lexus just for bringing her car in to get oil change... don't ask me how 'cuz she didn't even knoe herself...
anyway, if you could...please post a pic of your car 'cuz i'm eager to see it... and just by curiosity...are these guys in Tacoma asian?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I myself am dealing with Lexus of Tacoma @ Fife. The salesman I’m dealing with is Dwight Hurn and Frank Lee. They are excellent, the first day I walked into their dealership, I was treated with superiority and respect and I only went to test drive a GS300.

They finally got my car in: (Diamond White w/ LP) (Diamond White was my second choice. I really, really wanted Silver with the Luxury Package, but it seem they won’t be getting any of those, yet.)

I stopped by yesterday (Tue. 7/11) and I heard something about a Yellow IS300, but has been sold. Though I didn’t get to see it.

Danny Z

·
Registered
226 Posts
I didn't know there were people from Seattle in this forum. I just wanted to say "hi" to ya'll. I just picked my Spectra Blue IS 300 from Lexus of Seattle on Friday (7/7). John Bang was the salesman... give him a try, he was pretty nice.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Pac Medical Center? The new Amazon.com HQ or the Pac Med in Lynnwood by Funtasia and Lynnwood Honda?

·
Registered
258 Posts
the person drove by Amazon HQ in Seattle. with 2 other passengers inside... at first (from far away) i was like...hmm...another nice blue CIVIC SI (not judging by shape of the car but by color)... when up close, i was like...oh no, that's a nice IS300!!! was that u?

·
Registered
226 Posts
ahhh dayam... just when I think I get to be original for a few weeks, there's another Spectra Blue IS300? Oh well... such is life heh?

·
Registered
258 Posts
i went to lexus of bellevue 2 weeks ago and was told that they sold 75 already...and still have plenty left... so what's up w/that?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
99V6Coupe, you'd asked if the salesman was asian, yes, he is, although I'm a bit curious as to why you ask... you don't need to answer, though. None of my business, really.

And Danny, the yellow one at Fife that was sold was mine! I specifically had them hide it as much as possible until I got there, cuz sometimes people aren't as careful as I'd like!

I should have some digital pics in the next few days...

Annie
Y2K S2K
Y2K+1 IS300 Solar Yellow

·
Registered
226 Posts
Annie,

Y2K S2K, Y2K +1 IS300...? You must have a very happy garage.
Congrats. BTW: I work in Kirkland, hope to see you driving around... I'm in the Spectra Blue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll be around - every route to my house goes by the waterfront, you know? the S2K is black, license plate Y2K S2K, and has a huge white "HONDA" on the nose (no I'm not a rice girl, I race the car and Honda PAYS me to have that on there!!)

How do I post a pic on here, anyone? I've got one now, it's a .jpg file, and I'm computer illiterate when it comes to this stuff!

Annie

·
Registered
258 Posts
i am not sure why i asked if the sales was asian...maybe 'cuz i'm asian?
anyway...i think i've seen your car around...but driven by a guy in eastside...your brother? husband?

about posting pics...u can try uploading it to photopoint.com and then do the
, then it should work... anyone please correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I called all three Lexus dealers in Washington this past weekend--to inquire about a black interior with LSD model. Out of the three salemen at each of the dealers, the one I disliked the most was the one at Tacoma. He kept trying to get me to place a deposit, from the very first phone call. Maybe he's just super eager to earn my business or something, but I felt more comfortable talking to the Seattle and Bellevue dealers.

--k

[This message has been edited by chiem (edited July 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
994 Posts
By the way Annie,

Did you get yours below MSRP ? I'm wondering if I have room to bargain with them, since Tacoma is owned by the same owner as Bellevue, I believe, and Bellevue gets more business than Tacoma does.

--k

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What I paid is very deceiving - I "officially" paid full MSRP - but that doesn't matter to me, they could have charged me $50K, all I cared about was the difference between my trade in and the new car - and this difference, the real price, was VERY fair.

I did have to work with a couple of other dealerships to get bids for my trade in car, but the effort was worth it.

And the guy seen driving my car is my boyfriend, he takes whatever car I let him, whenever I let him!
He's got our tow vehicle (a Durango) for a daily driver so he has to get his "car" fix some, too!

Well, I'm off to a big race in my S2K, I'll be back Monday and post pics of my "baby" then!

Annie
Y2K S2K - off to the races!
Y2K+1 IS300

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am in a process of buying a new car. I test drove BMW 328i first, Audi A4, Toyota 4 Runner limited, Volkwagon Passat GLX, Acura CL-S, then finally Lexus IS300. I think I liked BMW the best, but for the money Lexus stands on the top.
I went to Seattle Dealer to negotiate the price, but they were unwilling to go any lower then the MSRP price (I talked to Wayne Yonke). They basically said since the demand is so high and the availability is high, there's no reason to lower the price.
Annie, if you got a price lower than MSRP price, can you maybe refer the salesperson to me? I really want this car.

I am going to do about 20k down and go for 4 years.

please email me if anyone can help me with price: [email protected].

thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts