Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm about to get a ls400 TB and i was wondering if I will have to get my car re-tuned because of it being bigger?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Put it on the dyno and see how the A/F is...

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
I think I'm about to get a ls400 TB and i was wondering if I will have to get my car re-tuned because of it being bigger?
i'm going to go with yes. i don't have experience with this, but since no one has answered i'll give an intuitive answer.

the larger TB will pull in more air at each tuning point compared to the stock TB. As such your current tune will probably be leaner than you'd want. i could be wrong. but this is what my mind tells me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was curious about this mod too. Will the SRT intake ECU be enough to re-tune the car so it runs well (propper A/F ratio). How much are these bigger TB going for on average???? HP gain?

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I was curious about this mod too. Will the SRT intake ECU be enough to re-tune the car so it runs well (propper A/F ratio). How much are these bigger TB going for on average???? HP gain?
No. The SRT Intake ECU is designed to fix the MAF miss reading that occurs due to the large size of the intake pipe. There is a whole thread about this in the Go Fast section, I'm guessing this one is boost related and we should keep NA questions out of it.

If you are boosted I'm almost certain you would need a retune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts