Lexus IS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have talked to a few of you about why the threads get locked so often well here is the explanation are summed up. Lets keep this thread on topic so there is no reason to close it. :eek:

Naries wrote:
Do you seriously locked threads for going off-topic? That is a joke right?

ltunedgirl wrote:
depends on how off-topic it is ...but generally yes...this website does have some standards...the PL is for all the other crap

Naries wrote:
wow pretty stupid standards..

you are saying that people cant have conversations with other local people in the designated west forum. Who is the owner or Master Administrator of IS300.net?

I am a moderator for the largest motorcycle forum and this just seems ludicrous and counter productive to what a forum should promote.

ltunedgirl wrote:
it's not that they can't have conversations, it's when the conversation goes off-topic or can/should be taken to PM that we regulate....if you read some of the crap that has been posted, maybe you would understand better, it's very annoying when topics don't go anywhere and you just have people talking randomly....that to me, seems counter productive
people come here to find info not to see people be stupid

Naries wrote:
I believe people come for info when they are searching the internet in need of a certain piece of info. However when someone comes to a forum and is meeting new people and chatting about misc. things that is a positive thing. It isnt like the thread was someone looking for info to begin with and people came in and distorted the purpose of the thread. A forum is a place to chat and meet new people and when you close a thread because you think it is mindless that is unacceptable. Maybe you should consider asking the thread creator if he is upset with the outcome of the thread and if he would like his thread closed because it went off topic. Sounds like things are a bit micromanaged.

Who is the Master Administrator of is300.net you failed to provide me with a name before. Thank you.

ltunedgirl wrote:
I agree with you that people should be able to chat but if they want to talk about off-topic stuff, it needs to be taken to the Parking Lot...that's what that forum is there for...
Webmaster and Jedi are the main guys for this site

Naries wrote:
So basically you are saying you cant chat with people in your area because the west forums arent for chatting. They are for what again? So basically the West forum is for creating threads really useful threads saying spotted: IS300 .. like that is really alot more useful then people in the same area getting to know eachother and setting gatherings etc.. sheesh I hope you are reading what you are writing.

ltunedgirl wrote:
if you actually read some of the crap that the WA folks have posted, you would see why it gets locked...same with cali people etc...and if these people want to talk randomly, they need to do it in the PL...it's the only way for the forums to stay organized but feel free to take it up with webmaster or jedi

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
go back to riding your moped. :bitching: Cali guy's post the same. I am a moderator on another site so don't power trip. This site was ment to be fun. If people want info on motor's, turbo ect... Hello "go fast stuff" bodykits "inside and out" Is that not what the other area's of the forum is for.

Wanted "new moderator"

Derek

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
This site is not being run correctly. I don't however think that Ltunedgirl is the problem. SImpdaddy on the other hand has a bias opinion about WA threads and people in general. I am also a Mod at another site and this really is not the way to treat people. Change is needed and hopefully either jedi or webmaster will realize this and get a new mod or replace the faulty one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.