Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its come to that time unfortunately where my IS 300 will need to be replaced. :( I have been browsing around and have been gaining alot of interest in the GLI. I am skeptical with VW reliability as I never have owned a German-made car and have always been all about Jap cars. I just can't get my eye of the GLI, I was originally thinking of getting a CC but I feel I can get more bang for my buck with the GLI. What are your thoughts on the GLI and V-dubs in general. It would be great to hear feedback from anyone that has owned a VW and has went from a VW to an IS300 or vice versa or just any general feedback on the GLI in general. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
have you tried any VW forums?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet, I was hoping to get some opinions from fellow IS owners who have had VW's and there experiences with them

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I've had multiple Audis/VWs/BMWs and would never own another one out of warranty. Too many chronic and expensive problems. They are great to drive when they work, though the FWD based VAGs can be kind of nose heavy.

Are you sure you want FWD?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't mind FWD. Before I was all into drifting and all those antics but not so much anymore and I rather not slide all over the place. About how long ago did you have a VW etc. I know they had electrical problems but I heard they have been fixed as of recently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts