Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been lurking around here for years and years and decided to go ahead and register. This is my second GGP that I've owned. My previous was a 2j with a supercharger. Anyhow, I loved it so much before it was totaled. I found a great deal for a clean factory 5spd roller for $1,000. So I bought it a few months ago and did a ls2 swap on it. It was so easy to do the swap I couldn't believe it. It literally took me the better part of a weekend. I just did my dual exhaust system in 3" with an x-pipe and I'm not sure if I'm feeling it or not. Thoughts???

Also, any wheel recommendations from anyone? I hate what came on the car and want a more squared setup. I want to go with 18's for sure, I just don't know what offset to use to get the maximum width wheel and not have the car cambered out.

Lastly, any other LS guys in here? I'm looking at putting a Procharger on and I'm thinking I can use the Corvette passenger side mount. Thoughts?

I've attached pictures below.
Car Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Hood
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design Engineering
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's sweet! The dual def belongs on it. I just picked up an IS300 yesterday, everything is there and the 2jz needs to be rebuilt. Thinking about doing a swap or using for parts, not too sure.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Looks cool.

Regarding wheels/tires:

The vision I had for my car is for it to be the IS-F that Lexus should have offered in 2002. No offense to those that like the hellllla-flush, stretched tire, cambered-out look - but that's just not me.

So the wheels fitting the car properly without rubbing, while allowing me to put some real rubber on the road was really important. I chose TSW Nurburgrings in 18x8.5 and 18x9. Here are two posts by me with specs and pics:

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,944 Posts
I honestly like the wheel size that on there now. I like big meaty rubber. Looks like a “drag” type setup now.

However for more of a daily setup, I personally don’t like big wheels (18” to me is big lol) I like 17” as wide as I can get them while being able to fit some decent rubber on them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking maybe the FR500s from Ford S seen on these two IS300s. I definitely don't want them sticking out or cambered out. Right now it has 10"MT et streets on the rear and some 5" skinny on the front which I will put away for track days.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tread
or a similar wheel which a lot of companies make like the bare rim shown here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts