Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time for me to get some new tires and I was considering the Falken Ziex 512s. Now I don't have an IS300 - I own a TL. I would like to get some good H-rated tires, as that is what Acura recommends. Consumer Reports rated the Ziex 512 as their #1 all season performance tire, which means something to me. The Bridgestone Turanza LS-H and the RE 950 were #2 and #3, respectively. All tires were rayed very well, but the Falkens can be bought for less than the other two. I just have no prior experience with Falken tires, so any input on these would be great.

Also, my main goal is to get a tire that handles well in the rain and is fairly quiet and rides well - snow is not an issue since I live in the Houston area.

·
3,160 Posts
I'm riding around on the FK-451's. So far so good. Good traction out of the box and response as well. I'm don't know anyone that has the ones you're looking for. But these are good and the azenis. So I think you should be happy with the 512's.

·
Registered
10,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
simpdaddy said:
I'm riding around on the FK-451's. So far so good. Good traction out of the box and response as well. I'm don't know anyone that has the ones you're looking for. But these are good and the azenis. So I think you should be happy with the 512's.
I doubt CR rated them #1 for the fuck of it - they are $60 a tire too, which is even more appealing. I will likely give them a go.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i am running 225/40/ZR18's Falken ZE512.... the ride is nice... its alot softer and less noisy then the stock potenza's. Potenza's probably have more stick and are probably overall better. But w/ the Falken 512's you couldn't go wrong. They work pretty good for me.... i'm happy w/ their performance but i dont drive to aggressive every day. These tires are easier to break loose when I take corners aggressively.... but considering the price.... I really like these tires. I hear that the tires aren't that great for wet traction but shoot... i dont plan on gunning it in the rain anyways....

·
Registered
10,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, as an update I got these tires put on my car for $306 after tax and fees. So not bad at all. They have a good ride and are fairly quiet. But I really notice the dry traction improvement over my Potenza RE 910s. I think that the ZE 512s are not being made anymore, so I was able to get them fairly inexpensive.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
I had them a while back on my prelude. The only complaint is that they got very loud as they wore out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.