Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone own RSR or RS*R Down springs? I have searched and searched and it appears as though I might be the only one on here who has these. I have ridden them for about a year, and they have been sagging horribly. Initially the height was okay (a bit low for my taste but looked good) I have my rear fenders rolled, and the back sags so bad the wheels are bowed in out of allignment spec (even with the Megan rear traction arms installed). My tires wear very quickly, but the worst thing about it is that the car bounces sideways on bumps, and totally gets sideways when its raining or snowing outside. The spring specs for reference:

Estimated Front Drop - 35mm(1.4in)
Estimated Rear Drop - 30mm(1.2in)
Front Spring Rate - 5.00kg(279lbs)
Rear Spring Rate - 4.28kg(1239lbs)

After a few allignments, the rear end is still majorly out of whack (i can understand a little, i have read up on this on .net) I have emailed RS*R asking for warranty return or exchange, but no reply yet.

Does anyone have any ideas or comments as to RS*R quality or warranty? Maybe there's something i can upgrade in the back to make the car stop bouncing to the sides at every little bump in the road?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I tried contacting RS*R back in '01 when I heard they had springs for our cars. All I can say is that the guy over there is a DICK. Such an a--hole. Good luck with getting any resolution, as he seemed to be the only person picking up the phone at the time. Maybe they got wise to his game and he's no longer there, after all it was 7 years ago.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does anyone have any experience with any of their suspension components ... on any previous cars or IS...? these seem to sag abnormally and I am having traction issues (moreso than I would expect even from a car with incredibly poor allignment in the back)

·
Registered
797 Posts
you know its funny, I don't have RSR but I'm on Tein STechs and my car sways side to side when I go over little humps on the highway, I figured it would be the shocks because I have yet to replace my stock ones, will do here in a couple days, but can anybody confirm it would be shocks? or is it just the springs themselves

·
Registered
84 Posts
Your struts are probably shot. Are you still riding on the originals?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your struts are probably shot. Are you still riding on the originals?
yes sir. i actually found an old picture of my car i took right when i got the springs put on (the oem struts). compared to now, its def riding lower (mostly in the back). i cant tell whether the front is lower now.

could the car be riding lower due to shot struts? thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
i have rsr race springs on my integra, with kyb agx's back in the day, the drop wasnt crazy low but it still looked good,

didnt experience and sagging,

actually when i blew my strut before trackday i was able to drive around a week on these springs with out any big noticable difference. When i got my replacemtent strut, the blown one was completelty retracted and the spring alone was holding up the passenger front side. Still didnt expereince and sagging after

·
Registered
15 Posts
i had rsr on my 03 and they are reallly low. it was not bumpy nor swings side to side. my car had 10k miles when i put them on.. you should check your shocks. im aslo riding with my oem shocks at that time. heres a pic:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts