Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my front/rear in....Did they look like this? Are these a universal fit or something bc it seems like there are way to many holes for where they mount up to the hub? I dont recall any of the other aftermarket rotors I have purchased for my previous cars to be like this.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
absimp_is300 said:
mine didn't look like that. they only had 5 holes to mount to the hub. i got mine a while ago though.
thats what i thought there should only be.....+ rep for the quick reply. Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
DonCorleone said:
mine only had the 5 holes as well. maybe its so you can take them off easier in the future?
ROFL

They are not supposed to look like that. Looks like someone wanted those rotors to fit a couple other vehicles too. That is not right at all.

This is what my Brembos look like.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
djlutchi said:
ROFL

They are not supposed to look like that. Looks like someone wanted those rotors to fit a couple other vehicles too. That is not right at all.

This is what my Brembos look like.
I know, I dont think more holes would make it easier to take off but thats what my brembos on my maxima looked like.

·
Registered
283 Posts
fronts looked like yours, rear's did not. But if your rear rotors have a threaded hole in the hat, and they fit, I would keep them. The iRotor rotors I have only have 5 holes + 1 for the parking brake adjustment hole. They don't have the threaded hole which is indispensible when trying to remove the rotor after they have rusted themselves onto the hub. If it works, I would keep them. JMO.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Reactions: hkis and linner420

·
Registered
578 Posts
dude last week i place a order for my front/rear rotors from irotors and i hope
my dont look like that. i will let u guys know when i get them.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Those rotors look like they will fit every toyota since 1988. :screwy:

I think they do that for cost cutting reasons. At least you wont see the holes once you put the wheels on. I wouldnt worry about it.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
My irotors were just delivered TODAY. I will be home to open the box in 4hours and will let you know.
Side note- I HOPE they dont look like that. hahahaha sorry bro

Reactions: linner420

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
mikkellucci said:
My irotors were just delivered TODAY. I will be home to open the box in 4hours and will let you know.
Side note- I HOPE they dont look like that. hahahaha sorry bro
no big deal i will return them if they arent the same....I really need them too so this is just gonna piss me off.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
onyxaltezza said:
yeah ur hub looks way different...

here is a pic of mine. +rep if u find this useful.
the boxes, by the way, should tell u exactly which side to put them on.

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=262962

-Aaron
not the pic i needed, i need your wheel off but its ok........

+ rep for all that answered

edit will rep tom i gave out too much already

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BossMan said:
Those rotors look like they will fit every toyota since 1988. :screwy:

I think they do that for cost cutting reasons. At least you wont see the holes once you put the wheels on. I wouldnt worry about it.
Im just worried all these damn holes will ruin the structural integrity of the rotor, freakin looks like swiss cheese

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Alright, my fronts are indentical to yours.
Rears however are only 5 holed along with the threaded hole..

I wouldnt worry about the differance...shouldnt affect structual integrity anyway.
Side note: iRotors took FOREVER to turn around my order...I would HATE to wait for a return! slow as shit!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mikkellucci said:
Alright, my fronts are indentical to yours.
Rears however are only 5 holed along with the threaded hole..

I wouldnt worry about the differance...shouldnt affect structual integrity anyway.
Side note: iRotors took FOREVER to turn around my order...I would HATE to wait for a return! slow as shit!
was your package relabeled like this too? They did take a bit for me to ship them and they said it was in stock....took them about 5 days to ship from the day i placed my order........it was prob to drill more damn holes

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I ordered on 7/27/05...WITH Zinc plating...for a 2002...
Sorry for the crap pics but here ya go:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Those rotors are non-directional. Directional rotors have the vents cast on an angle rather than straight through. I have seen those slotted/driled rotors put on in both directions. Directional rotors are in high end braking systems only for the most part.

Reactions: linner420

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BossMan said:
Those rotors are non-directional. Directional rotors have the vents cast on an angle rather than straight through. I have seen those slotted/driled rotors put on in both directions. Directional rotors are in high end braking systems only for the most part.

+rep thanks for cleaning up that issue

1 - 20 of 21 Posts