Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you notice that people get right up on your azz to see whats on, or stay in your blind spot if they are next to you to check them out?

I like that people look, but sometimes it gets annoying, and I get worried they are too busy looking at the screens than paying attention to not slamming into the rear of my car.....

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
mine is in my glovebox so people cant see it,

but I find myself doing that to other people all the time. the safest approach is to get behind them and watch, that way you can tell if they are going to slow down because of they're brake lights. its too dangerous to watch while driving beside them......

·
13,898 Posts
10secondIS said:

but I find myself doing that to other people all the time. the safest approach is to get behind them and watch, that way you can tell if they are going to slow down because of they're brake lights. its too dangerous to watch while driving beside them......
your screen is in your glovebox??? what's the point of that? so only your passenger can see it? :-?

·
8,827 Posts
TahoeSSDVD,
You may want to consider installing a switch to turn off headrest monitors when they are not really needed.

P.S.
I only have 1 screen for now and it is where the OEM CD Changer used to be. Other drivers can't really see it, unless they are very close.

·
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually they are off by default when i start the car (they are the SAVV's) but I put them on sometimes... (i know, its ghey to do it if im alone, but my tint is so dark you cant tell anyway, plus for the $$$ i spent on the system, i like to floss it a bit)

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
oneeyejack said:
10secondIS said:

your screen is in your glovebox??? what's the point of that? so only your passenger can see it? :-?
i can see it just fine.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
TahoeSSDVD said:
actually they are off by default when i start the car (they are the SAVV's) but I put them on sometimes... (i know, its ghey to do it if im alone, but my tint is so dark you cant tell anyway, plus for the $$$ i spent on the system, i like to floss it a bit)

so what you are saying is, you like to flaunt them so you turn them on when nobody is back there.......(which i would do too if i had your setup)

and you are asking why people drive alongside to look, and pointing the finger cuz that is dangerous??

but isnt that what you wanted to do in the first place??

i'm confused.

·
Registered
742 Posts
my car is pretty much and accident....not even people running into me..but other people running into eachother is there not looking at the tv's there looking at something else

and no matter how dark your tints are..you can still see the tv's in the headrest...you can't see absulutly nothing through my tints...but once all 3 tv's are on you can see through the tints and i got 2 more going in this month

and all my tv's are on all the time also

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
TahoeSSDVD said:
I also like to floss... :lol: 8)

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
I too only have a single in-dash monitor (for now) and I find people in SUVs watching my player while sitting @ traffic lights.

For you guys w/monitors in the headrests, did you guys gut your own headrests or buy aftermarket headrests w/monitors already in them? I was interested in the Visualogics (come w/7" monitors) but they don't make any for the IS. Suggestions in brand and where?

THANKS!

·
Registered
742 Posts
III 4U2NV III said:
I too only have a single in-dash monitor (for now) and I find people in SUVs watching my player while sitting @ traffic lights.

For you guys w/monitors in the headrests, did you guys gut your own headrests or buy aftermarket headrests w/monitors already in them? I was interested in the Visualogics (come w/7" monitors) but they don't make any for the IS. Suggestions in brand and where?

THANKS!
I have an Extra set of Headrest..If i need new headrest just in case...But I bought 7" monitors and gave them to my shop in my town and they sent them out to a place and had them fitted perfectly...Just like the monitors that come pre installed.....

Are u sure that Visualogics doesn't have any for our car it might be another company but my shop told them..for 1000 they would get me the pre installed one..and i though they were made by Visuallogics..but it might be another company that i'm thinking of

·
Registered
815 Posts
TahoeSSDVD said:
actually they are off by default when i start the car (they are the SAVV's)
Is there a way we can wire in a switch to have it turn on and off with out using the remote. I have a bad shoulder and using the remote is sometimes a hassle just to turn it on and off. Adding a switch to the power wires and ground will only turn off the monitors but will not turn it on. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
742 Posts
lexowner said:
TahoeSSDVD said:
Is there a way we can wire in a switch to have it turn on and off with out using the remote. I have a bad shoulder and using the remote is sometimes a hassle just to turn it on and off. Adding a switch to the power wires and ground will only turn off the monitors but will not turn it on. Any suggestions?
They can wire them so once you turn your car on the tv's automatically turn on once your car is on

·
Registered
815 Posts
WhiteLex said:
lexowner said:
TahoeSSDVD said:
They can wire them so once you turn your car on the tv's automatically turn on once your car is on
O.k.... How is it done? I'm specifically refering to SAVV monitors if that helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.