Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are they worth it? when i drive on the freeway and open my window i hate that rush of wind that like pretty mujch creates a storm inside the car (like papers fly here and there and stuff) the thing is it isn't that serious... but would those visor things help? (my friend who has an rsx has a much bigger window however they made the car in a way so that not so much wind actually gets in the car which is something i like)

oh and this is STRICTLY for practical purposes not aesthetic.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
IMO they are ugly and i would never put them on any car... i thought they were for smokers, so they could have the windows down when it rains... still the answer is NO.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blueloco5 said:
IMO they are ugly and i would never put them on any car... i thought they were for smokers, so they could have the windows down when it rains... still the answer is NO.
like i said its not the aesthetic purposes its for practical purposes....

oh yeah i am a smoker :chill: :whine: that adds to the reason why i'm thinkin about it

·
Registered
565 Posts
they dont do anything for the wind. My friend put them on his IS and it is the exact same as it was before. Not worth it IMO....

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IS300Sam said:
they dont do anything for the wind. My friend put them on his IS and it is the exact same as it was before. Not worth it IMO....
soo no help on the wind right? ok thanks (and as for the other people... haha like i said... i don't care about how it looks i just care whether it works or not... thanks IS300Sam)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Umm I have them on my car but not the crappy weathertech once but original alteza ones. Let me tell you originals really blend with the car as they were meant to be. Wind vise I don’t think they help with window all the way down. But in cold weather like right now it helps allot as I crack my window open just a bit to have fresh air coming in and all the wind staying out. and since I’m heavy smoker it was one of the 'best' :D mods I did on my car. for those rainy days.
Now you have an opinion from other side of the fence

·
Registered
946 Posts
I had the vent visors on an 01 Civic coupe. I didn't see any advantage and they actually made more noise. I took them off after the first long trip. The olny time it helped was when cracking the window a little bit while parked in the rain. I still couldn't open it enough to flip out a cig ash. They didn't help at all with driving with windows open.

I aso took off the sunroof visor thing that came on the car, so maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
EvgeshaIS300 said:
Umm I have them on my car but not the crappy weathertech once but original alteza ones. Let me tell you originals really blend with the car as they were meant to be. Wind vise I don’t think they help with window all the way down. But in cold weather like right now it helps allot as I crack my window open just a bit to have fresh air coming in and all the wind staying out. and since I’m heavy smoker it was one of the 'best' :D mods I did on my car. for those rainy days.
Now you have an opinion from other side of the fence
hmmm how about wind noise? do you notice any driving like 100 on the frewway

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
skfds said:
hmmm how about wind noise? do you notice any driving like 100 on the frewway
i cant realy tell you. wind noise never bothered me. my music is allways blasting or my gf is screamming due to me driving to fast or music being to loud :lol: :pissed: i also have unique gift of selective hearing where i can tune allmost anything out (like my boss during boring meetings, or my gf tolking about who else got egaged and what size ring she wants). i guess wind noise fales somewhere in between.

fsusucks said:
My friend has the Altezza ones that come with the carbon fibre door pilars and it looks very good.
i have mine w/o cf pilars and it looks good. i think my car being black also contributes to the look.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
The OEM ones really look good. They even sell them as dealer options now for the new TL and TSX. Of course swap meet ones that someone posted look ghetto because they look like they belong on an old pickup truck with brush guards, chrome ladies on the mudguards, and a lariat hanging from the rearview.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
here they are on our car for those interested... like i said before even if they were VERy functional, they wouldnt go on...just my opinion.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have the weathertech ones and i dont think they are ugly. nice and sleek if you ask me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts