Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thingy... omg I jus saw one driving home from work... GASP!!!!!

it was where our top compartment is.. he pushed a button up there and it came out and ahhhhhhh!!!!

Does anyone know what the hell this is called or where on earth I can get one?!!!!!!!

ps- Yes, I did search, under the mobiltronics section, i search "motorized" "pop up" and even "pop up lcd"

..any info???

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
It is the oem navigation system. I think just for the motor housing parts, it will run you over $700? I'm not the expert on this. But yes, it looks pimp, and it cost a lot, especially if you want to retro-fit it with aftermarket screen/HU's.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I've got it in my car and its MEGA RAD. I'd like to make it play dvd's too.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
make sure that the housing has the motor and control boards with it. If you are using it with a video source other than the stock nav computer you will need to retrofit an aftermarket screen (touchscreen may be a good choice) so you wouldn't need the stock screen included.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just to update, a guy is selling a Lilliput 7" touchscreen inside the stock housing, no motor though, but he wants $400 for it... he showed pictures of it working, and he said he payed more than $1000....

...opinions? good buy?

·
Registered
135 Posts
just to update, a guy is selling a Lilliput 7" touchscreen inside the stock housing, no motor though, but he wants $400 for it... he showed pictures of it working, and he said he payed more than $1000....

...opinions? good buy?
Housing without motor and ECU is around 300-350$ monitor another 100-150. So he must be bullshitting u if he says he paid over 1000. On top of that the housing w/o motor is gonna really suck!. I would rather spend some more ( paid 700$ for the housing and motor, ECU etc 2 years ago) and get a real OEM looking thing

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Yeah, housing without motor is ghetto imo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts