Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its been two weeks since I got the parts in for the clutch swap. I'm finally getting back on my feet. Anyways, I went through the kit and its nice. Its especially nice having all of the parts in one box at the same time. We will be installing it at weeks end pending if the lift is open. Have a Fox body on it putting in a Navigator 4V motor. The kit i got was came with a stage 2 clutch. Here are some pictures. I hope the forum resizes them for the post, if not, my appologies for the giant pics :cool:

Im not sure if i will make it to the track tomorrow evening, or even if its open for weds test and tunes. Supposedly its open the week after Gatornationals. If not, im going to do some street runs (backroad) with my buddys new auto cam. And then of course some dyno graph comparisons to see how the lighter clutch translates to the wheels.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered mine today,but I got stage 4 clutch 6 puck, I would love to knw how yours is, I hope to have mine in next week, and start drifting the week after!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well. I ended up bartering the install for money owed. I didn't have the time to install, but from wha I was told I was a run of the mill install. I drove the car around a bit tonight.

Pros:
definate increase in responsiveness
noticeable grip
speed to redline seems quicker

Now I understand there is a breakin period. So take that into account

Cons:
seems grippy. Not a whole bunch of slide from initial clutch grab to full grip
distance from floor to initial clutch grip is about half way but as the nite wore on it seems to get lower. What I like

Finally. Not a pro or con

Lighter pedal. Pedal feels easier to push now. Also I noticed I get into the rev limiter alot quicker than before.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I know what you mean the pedal feels amazing when you first change your clutch.... in like 1-2 weeks it'll be be to normal though

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered mine on Friday, and they didn't ship till today, and it's coming from 2 diffrent places, not happy about that, I called on Monday, they couldn't even find my order and I ordered on phone.....but I did get stage 4 clutch
H not sure why. That would change anything

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
I ordered mine on Friday, and they didn't ship till today, and it's coming from 2 diffrent places, not happy about that, I called on Monday, they couldn't even find my order and I ordered on phone.....but I did get stage 4 clutch
H not sure why. That would change anything
You ordered Friday with Adam. This is a custom package that he was not fully aware of and I had to explain to him all the pieces that are included (remember there are OEM items that have to be included, and without them it would be a worthless kit to you). I was away on business, so there was a 1 business day delay. The reason the shipping manager didn't know about this is because the order was not created until monday mid day. As for the two area shipment is because the stage 4. We stock the stage 2 and the flywheel here. You wanted the stage 4, so we shipped the flywheel and the OEM parts from here and the stage 4 directly from the manufacture. I hope that clears things up for you.

Edward

·
Registered
28 Posts
You ordered Friday with Adam. This is a custom package that he was not fully aware of and I had to explain to him all the pieces that are included (remember there are OEM items that have to be included, and without them it would be a worthless kit to you). I was away on business, so there was a 1 business day delay. The reason the shipping manager didn't know about this is because the order was not created until monday mid day. As for the two area shipment is because the stage 4. We stock the stage 2 and the flywheel here. You wanted the stage 4, so we shipped the flywheel and the OEM parts from here and the stage 4 directly from the manufacture. I hope that clears things up for you.

Edward

Ya I got over it, but you knw how it is waiting for stuff....glad you put all the parts needed, wish when I called it would of been you, cause I ask,alot of stuff and could tell wasn't 100percent sure about is300 stuff but that's coo, not everyone drives one, I'm bumd out that I get the flywheel tmmrw,but no clutch can't wait to see how it does or what it does to my car!!!! I will post pics and me using it in drifting

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After bleeding the clutch it feels alot better. Need to bleed it one more time at the next oil change and inspect the slave cylinder. It was wet/oily, but i just had the motor open so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just ordered my stage 2 kit and I'm going to be receiving it tomorrow, but I have a newbie question. Do we have to bleed the clutch when we switch it out?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Im getting some chatter? after the install. Is this normal for a stage 2 clutch? Maybe its chattering and needs to break in?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im getting some chatter? after the install. Is this normal for a stage 2 clutch? Maybe its chattering and needs to break in?
Did the break in fix the chattering issue? Need to replace my clutch asap and was thinking about buying this kit. Overall, are you happy with it. Thanks in advance!!! :cool:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yes perfect now.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Pretty sure my pressure plate is done? Can I order oem Na supra clutch kit?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts