Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

my.IS..........

THMotorsports has done it again! We have put together another clutch kit for those of you that need something this is EASIER on your pocket and performs just as good as OEM and better.

CLUTCH:

The Clutch Kit is made of OEM grade from EXEDY and has everything you need for a proper and full installation. You can expect a factory smooth clutch peddle feel that is more direct and responsive.

FLYWHEEL:

Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, very common to use on our cars here and a well known piece. No need to resurface this unit as you can change out the friction plate for very little if you ever need to. The unit maintains some good mass but cuts out a lot of dead weight since you will be changing out the factory dual-mass unit for this.

Additional:

In the kit, there is grease, pilot bearing, throwout bearing of OEM grade and flywheel bolts since your factory ones should not be re-used!

KIT INCLUDES:
------------------
EXEDY OEM FLYWHEEL
FIDANZA ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL
FLYWHEEL BOLTS
THROWOUT BEARING
PILOT BEARING
GREASE
ALIGNMENT TOOL

COST: $575 SHIPPED

If you do want to go with a unit that does hold more power with an OEM peddle pressure, you can always check out the original clutch kit we compiled at:

http://my.is/forums/f180/thmotorsports-custom-stage-2-clutch-flywheel-combo-699-shipped-compeititon-clutch-425764/

Thank you!!!​

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Budget clutch seemed like a great idea. Until i realized when i got it that its a full unsprung clutch setup. So howis this going to be like OEM? can you please try to answer rather quickly, So i can try and figure something out.
Exedy has been making OEM replacement clutches for a long time. Not only does Exedy list it as OEM but it also performance just like it. Were not hiding anything here, the picture is clearly showing exactly what you're getting. If you want a dampened clutch, you can always bump to the Competition Clutch setup we have or a Clutch Masters. This is a budget performance upgrade for any IS300 owner. The performance on this unit has been very well documented and performs just like OEM with a lighter flywheel for better acceleration due to the low rotational inertia.

good call on that being unsprung.... i wonder how that's gonna translate to being just like oem. might wanna call them up for a quicker response.
As stated before. Exedy states its an OEM replacement. Many clutches come upsprung for the IS300 and there are few aftermarket ones that are dampened. Keep in mind, a dampened clutch doesn't always make a world of difference. We have used 4-puck un-sprung clutches in EVO's and STi's with no clutch chatter and a very usable friction point. This unit even though without a damper in the middle is extremely nice to use on the street due to the organic compound and full face disk. There is no clutch chatter with this unit what so ever. We've done our homework on this one guys!

Got in touch with eddie through email. Seems like the guy to go to. hope he helps a brother out.:confused:
We spoke with you over the phone this morning and it seems that you will be upgrading to the Competition Clutch unit we have. It's a marginal but nice upgrade. This unit is still highly sought after and still a very nice comparable unit to OEM, that exceeds OEM standards and performance.

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
ya, thats cause the OEM flywheel is a dual mass unit.
Google it "dual mass flywheel". there's even a cool video on you tube .
The OEM flywheel is dampened with a solid friction disk.

You sir are correct, the THM company offers a Fidanza flywheel with a OEM clutch, nothing in the add says a OEM flywheel. Fidanza is not OEM, however Exedy is and the other guy was worried about the clutch being unsprung, well of course it will be unsprung, just like the factory clutch.

·
Registered
567 Posts
You sir are correct, the THM company offers a Fidanza flywheel with a OEM clutch, nothing in the add says a OEM flywheel. Fidanza is not OEM, however Exedy is and the other guy was worried about the clutch being unsprung, well of course it will be unsprung, just like the factory clutch.
i was worried about the engagement, being the oem flywheel is removed, thus removing any torsional dampening throughout the system. Yes the oem clutch is an unsprung hub, yes because the oem flywheel has springs in it. now remove the oe flywheel for the fidanza (no springs)put an oem clutch back (no springs) gives you what? no torsional dampening. you trust a W55 with 160 on the clock to handle that? or anything else in the drive line? I didn't. just my opinion.

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We have plenty of these in-stock. You get all the benefits of an upgraded clutch kit without the extra peddle pressure or bad engagement points. Hit me up for details if you have any concerns! Customers are happy with the price vs. performance this offers!

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
So tempted to buy this but not sure if Imma keep my W55 next year!

Ugh.

·
Yay! Old stuff!
532 Posts
I didn't see this thread so I already picked up the same kit from another seller on Ebay. Might even be part of your business?

Anyways, I didn't even think about the fact that the Exedy OEM disc was unsprung. Mated to an unsprung/conventional style flywheel is a really bad idea for a street car.

Why don't you just change the kit to include the Exedy OEM disc from an N/A Supra instead? That will be a sprung disc (That's what I just bought to replace the unsprung disc)

Migs

1 - 20 of 30 Posts