Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Posted by: T bone

"I am having a little fun on an ISF thread on this board.

What is the value statement for the ISF over the M3?

Power? Nope
Handling? Nope
Engineering? Nope
Brand Cache? Nope

BMW just relegated the ISF into an also-ran with pricing today.

Better luck next cycle Lexus!!!"

Fuck that. Ignorant bmw assholes.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
wow that T bone guy is a complete moron

·
Premium Member
9,703 Posts
Yeah, it was a crazy discussion. Neither one of us where giving in, i certainly wasn't going to. He just kept bashing Lexus and the ISF and i had no choice but to speak up. Eventualy we had to settle it by PM, so now he's cool and i'm cool so we're all cool, for now. Read the whole thing if you can and have the time.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Posted by: T bone

"I am having a little fun on an ISF thread on this board.

What is the value statement for the ISF over the M3?

Power? Nope
Handling? Nope
Engineering? Nope
Brand Cache? Nope

BMW just relegated the ISF into an also-ran with pricing today.

Better luck next cycle Lexus!!!"

Fuck that. Ignorant bmw assholes.
It has already been proven by a couple testing magazines that the IS-F is indeed quicker than the M3, but barely. But it also tests pretty close on roadholding and on the skidpad, especially considering the M3 is a coupe, and has along history of testing.

Lexus could not expect to see the hardcore BMW M3 drivers to switch because they are not buying the car, they are buying the name. Even if the IS-F had 600BHP and tested 1.1G on the skidpad, they would still buy the M3 because of the ///M on the trunk.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah, it was a crazy discussion. Neither one of us where giving in, i certainly wasn't going to. He just kept bashing Lexus and the ISF and i had no choice but to speak up. Eventualy we had to settle it by PM, so now he's cool and i'm cool so we're all cool, for now. Read the whole thing if you can and have the time.
Wow, I don't know how many times you asked him to back up what he was babbling about and he NEVER did come up with anything remotely logical. When going strictly off opinion we sure can make an ass of ourself, as this guy did in front of his whole community.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
T-bone's weight argument got me wondering and so I've been googling like crazy for the past 45 minutes now. While he is right, the move from S54 I6 to S65 V8 led to a decrease in weight, the S54 (which he compared to the IS350's 2GR-FSE V6) weighed 478lbs while the 2GR-FSE weighs 390lbs. BMW may have cut the weight but they had 88lbs of weight penalty to begin with.

The M3's new V8, the S65 weighs in at 445 lbs. I can't find a weight for the 2UR-GSE of the IS-F to compare however, if anyone knows, post it please.

·
Registered
296 Posts
What's sad is, the guy (T-Bone) doesn't even know who Yamaha is or their racing cylinder head heritage.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
tell that guy the answer is simple.. for him to go buy a m3 and then challenge an is-f. talk is cheap, getting smoked by an is-f.. priceless. : )

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
...................... Even if the IS-F had 600BHP and tested 1.1G on the skidpad, they would still buy the M3 because of the ///M on the trunk............
I had an e30 M3, e36 M3 and e46 M3 and i wouldn't think twice of buying a Lexus if the IS-f is quicker and can handle as good as an M3;) I love M3 for those reasons and if Lexus can match that and have Lexus reliability then i have no reasons not to buy the F.

well, maybe for not having a manual tranny :) :) :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
I do not have time to search, but I'd like to know what the BMW I6 motor actually weighs. Could be the downfall of TBone's whole argument because I think it's a fairly heavy motor. He's basing a lot of specualtion on the I6 starting off as fairly light.

Eric

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
I posted the weight of the old M3's I6 in post 10, it is 478 lbs, compared to the IS350's 390. The new V-8 engine for the M3 is 445lbs.

Reactions: jruhi4

·
Registered
436 Posts
And what does the 5.0 Lexus V8 weigh? Could end up being pretty close to that boat anchor BMW I6:)

What does the Z06 pushrod 427 cu in V8 weigh? I think big cam pushrod V8s are actually light considering their displacement. I gotta look into this and login over there, TBone is retarded.

Eric

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
In my searching the other day, I could not find the weight of the 2ur-gse (the IS-F motor), the GM LS7 is 458lbs

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
In my searching the other day, I could not find the weight of the 2ur-gse (the IS-F motor)
I searched a couple of hours ago and also came up empty.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts