Lexus IS Forum banner

This Close!!!!

888 views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  ckolsen 
#1 ·
I was this close to buying an IS300 yesterday! I had said that I wanted a stripped down IS, meaning no leather or moon roof. The guy found one for me and was going to give it to me for about $31K out the door! The only thing was that it did not have power seats
That brought me down to earth real fast. I couldn't do it. You don't know how bummed I was. The price the regular IS's were just over my limit for right now. That is my sad story...

See less See more
#4 ·
I mean out the door counting taxes. I know that it will mostly be me driving the car and that it shouldn't matter so much, but my thought was that if I'm getting a Lexus that I should have power seats. The other luxuries that I wanted left out (leather seats and moon roof) is a personal preference. I told the salesman that I would think about it, but I don't know...

#5 ·
Like sacremon said, if you don't get the Leather or Luxury package, you're not going to get the power seats. I think if you're willing to forgo the leather and moonroof, the power seats shouldn't matter - especially if you're the only one driving the car for most of the time. 31k OTD including taxes, etc sounds like a pretty good price.

------------------
Tony webmaster@is300.net
'01 SBM w/SRT Intake and Stickers!
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

#6 ·
for 3 more K i got fully loaded, and Lojack out the door ... for the life of the loan its only about 28-32$ more a month, seems worht it to me.

#9 ·
Originally posted by nette:
The salesman was also telling me that the escaine is part of the whole package. Isn't there just regular leather is's? Or is escaine the only way it come? ( Can you all tell that I am really trying to get this car?)
You can just look at the Lexus.com website to see what options are available. I belive all of this is in the FAQ as well.

Basically, the Leather package is a combination of Leather and Escaine (a type or synthetic suede). The Luxury package is the same thing with some contrasting piping at the seams and wood trim. There is no full leather option.

------------------
Tony webmaster@is300.net
'01 SBM w/SRT Intake and Stickers!
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

#11 ·
I was this close to buying a non-leather IS300 last year, until I sat in one and found that the seats had no power and the fabric was very uncomfortable. I was like.. FUNK DAT. But now that I think about it, if I did end up with a fabric version, I would've ripped the front two seats out and stuck in some Sparcos or something.

------------------
White IS300
"Bein Bad Ain't EZ"

#14 ·
Nette;

Actually it was a good move, Im sure you can get it for a lot less, specially stripped down and all. I got mine fully loaded with the exception of an lsd, otd/including taxes for $32.3. And just think im sure theres a lot of guys out there who got my package for even less, shop around...no regrets.
P.S.
The leather seats are a nice option to think about.

I was this close to buying an IS300 yesterday! I had said that I wanted a stripped down IS, meaning no leather or moon roof. The guy found one for me and was going to give it to me for about $31K out the door! The only thing was that it did not have power seats
That brought me down to earth real fast. I couldn't do it. You don't know how bummed I was. The price the regular IS's were just over my limit for right now. That is my sad story...

#15 ·
NETTE!!! I CAN GET U A GOOD NO HAGLE DEAL , where are u in San Diego, i am flying into westminister to get mine then driving to San Diego (POWAY) for the weekend, and i got a deal on it...

millenia@ix.netcom.com

email me for phone numbers for Lexus

#18 ·
Just live with the leather and sunroof, in exchange for the power seats. With the current deals out there you should be able to get a fully loaded is3 for about 31,000 not including taxes. Probably much cheaper when the manual's come out this fall. By the way, resale will be tons higher on a fully loaded IS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.