Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm 22 and in college @ West Virginia U..I am tired of this cold :eek: weather, i have a few years of school left..I am thinking of moving to fla this summer with a friend to see if i'll like living their, one of my buddies said if i go there i wont come back (hes from Ocala Fl) anyways where are some nice areas with some nice schools because i would be transferring, one school i am looking into if Fla Atlantic in Ft. Lauderdale.

Any helps appreciated

M&M :crazy:

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
South Florida (especially Broward County and North...) is a great place to live.

+ No State Income Tax
+ Always Hot (Winter lasts a couple weeks in November, A/C usually required again by Christmas)
+ Plenty of dining, shopping and recreational activities

- Shitty Drivers, Traffic (not like ATL or BOS though) and no fun roads
- Real Estate costs high (not like NY or CA though)

Any other questions, let me know!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
webmaster said:
South Florida (especially Broward County and North...) is a great place to live.

+ No State Income Tax
+ Always Hot (Winter lasts a couple weeks in November, A/C usually required again by Christmas)
+ Plenty of dining, shopping and recreational activities

- Shitty Drivers, Traffic (not like ATL or BOS though) and no fun roads
- Real Estate costs high (not like NY or CA though)

Any other questions, let me know!
what part of south fla do you live in, i am planning on playing in a summer baseball league down there, maybe wooden bat league, what are some good ones in fla where pro scouts attend, btw i am a pitcher.

·
Registered
683 Posts
hey, im from orlando, been here most of my life...its cool...a lot of things to do if your not from around here...i go to ucf (university of central florida) real big school....its a fun place to live...big import scene (mostly rice) but still cool

if you want any details, let me know.

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
South Florida, including Dade County is a great place to live.
On the good side
The mix of ethic groups gives the area in flavor of its own.
The beaches are some of the best in the world
The weather is nice always, although summer rains can become annoying.
Universities, you have plenty to choose from, FIU, U of M, FAU, Nova, etc.
Nightlife, is amazing, south beach, downtown Miami, etc.

On the bad side,
traffic, dade and broward are horrific during rush hour. I have to commute both counties on a regular basis.
Drivers are rude
Real state is out of control.
The tri state counties, of broward, dade and palm beach have not yet realized that to make this area truly the best place to live in the country they have to work togehter instead of against each other.
Not many organizations to race legally.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, how is the cost of living for say a nice 1 or 2 bedroom apt, somewhere close to town..??

·
Registered
612 Posts
Dude...miami is the nicest place...but I'm a key rat (key biscayne).
Awesome place, great WEATHER....no snowboarding :(...but boat life is hot...very cuban, but it ain't that bad...

·
Registered
683 Posts
Mike 1 said:
thanks guys, how is the cost of living for say a nice 1 or 2 bedroom apt, somewhere close to town..??
in orlando...a 1 bedroom probably ranges from 500-1500...just depends how nice of a plac you want

·
8,803 Posts
Hope you like it humid... and bugs large enough to pick up your IS and carry it away to their nest.....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Here's my advice, don't move. :roll:

You said your friend you will be staying with lives in Ocala, ain't shit there. Only good thing about that area is you are near Gainesville and college chics. Other things I didn't like was the traffic come winter months, old fucks no matter where you go taking their sweet ass time, some of the rudest people down there I have ever met in my life, the afternoon downpours everyday in the summer, if you are trying to find a job you will notice Florida has one of the lowest average salaries. But, if you like beaches and boating, good place to live. Morgantown not a real happening place, but you are better off there. At least there is some culture/history and the change of seasons. BTW, Go Mountaineers! :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
Skyy Blu
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing