Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup everyone im new at these forums and i'm seriously considering getting a IS300..

i just have a few questions to ask about the car... is it true that it comes fully loaded at around 35k?.. umm by fully loaded.. does it come with speakers, amps, basically a nice stereo system?.. i just want to know some information about the car.. is it always an automatic?.. umm anything u can provide me with would be great.. thanx alot!

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by KaliforniaLove:
sup everyone im new at these forums and i'm seriously considering getting a IS300..

i just have a few questions to ask about the car... is it true that it comes fully loaded at around 35k?.. umm by fully loaded.. does it come with speakers, amps, basically a nice stereo system?.. i just want to know some information about the car.. is it always an automatic?.. umm anything u can provide me with would be great.. thanx alot!
Nice stereo, cassette player and 6 CD changer are standard.
Yup..automatic only...until the 2002 model comes out next summer.
Traction Control is standard. Limited slip is an extra.
power, heated seats are extra.
You can have 16" or 17" wheels...no price difference. (Get the 17" ones.) Go drive one. I was hooked. You may be too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
yea, the only options i think the car has are the limited slip differiential, sun roof, leather interior, and the 8-way adjustable seats. Me, i got my car just about completely base, but i can't complain about anything, cuz i still love my car.

·
11,061 Posts
Make them throw in the trunk mat and trunk cargo net for free. That's about a hundred dollars retail.

·
Registered
124 Posts
What about color availability? If the color I want isn't sitting on the lot and they order it from somewhere else, is there an extra charge? Just wondering, because I would like a solar yellow IS, but haven't seen any sitting on the lot in my area.

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by IS300HOPEFUL:
What about color availability? If the color I want isn't sitting on the lot and they order it from somewhere else, is there an extra charge? Just wondering, because I would like a solar yellow IS, but haven't seen any sitting on the lot in my area.
Dunno. First time I visited Lexus of Tacoma in Fife they had two yellow ones on the lot. The next time they were gone. Best call around.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
They shouldn't charge you extra to get a certain color, but you might have to wait a while for them to get it in stock. Also, you need to convince them that you are serious about buying before they will "preference" a certain color.

Actually you could get a "deal" if they had some color on the lot that wasn't selling, so your bargaining power is reduced if they arrange to get a car in a color that you have suggested.

·
Registered
48 Posts
KaliforniaLove . . . As long as you don't have to drive in the snow, this is a great car. The performance and handling of the vehicle is very good. It's got an amazing 240 watt 8-speaker sound system with 6 CD changer in-dash. This car is definitely best experienced by a testdrive. I was hooked after my first test drive.

------------------

Peabers
'01 IS300 Graphite Grey Pearl/Black Cloth LSD

·
Registered
511 Posts
Oh no doubt.. this car is hooked up fully loaded at $34.5k (sticker) you can get it for less now (at least $2500 less)

I got mine with the leather/convenience/sunroof/heated seats package. Also I got Chrome 17's and a carbon fiber dash. It finally ran me bout 37k +Tax But it is by far better than a Bimmer. You get a lot more for your money.. forget bout that 5spd/Auto whining. it is a good deal by comparison.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts