1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
need more info - year, options, etc.

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
thats a very good mileage, even if is a 2001.

·
Registered
601 Posts
thats "check the carfax report" good mileage, lol.

dont let mileage be the deciding factor, nowadays u can get a decent warranty from the dealer to cover your as*, just in case something goes wrong, pretty cheap...

also, theres a thread I believe on the "is300 general discussion" side that shows what everyone has paid, and for what options in there car. I'd look at that, maybe even kbb.com the car.

also, think about this:

previous car owner could of bought the odometer cluster and switched it out 7000 miles before he sold it. Would be a wise decision on his part, no?

whatever the case, if you have a favorite mechanic, let him look at the car, or maybe you or your father? none the less, haggle him down to about 20-22 out the door, and enjoy your IS, your going to love it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Although it does seem like a good deal I would have to agree with some of the people above you can always get a warranty from the lexus dealer that extends out i think mine was only like $1800 and it brought it to 100K...i bought my car with 20k for $23k which was under BBV but now that i am on this forum I see how cheap people sell there cars for...Just look at every option first before you jump into it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
2001 Lexus is300 with 7,000 miles on it? 1/20000 phenomenon or Odometer swap? Check carfax, that would help since it reports such things like registration, accidents (only if police made a report, but if through insurance, it won't show up in carfax), definetely if he switched the odometer out through a car mechanic, it might show up, many factors. What options does it have? Clean title? If everything is legit, then yes, it is a good deal. The car was nearly 34,000$-$38,000 brand new. With $9,000-$13,000 off that price, along with 7,000 miles and being 7 years old, thats an average of 1,000 miles driven per year. Owner must of rarely drove it. Say weekend driver to his son's pop warner football games or just a car to buy groceries every week. Hey let us know what happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts