Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, I know... I'm on Chrome 20s and most of you guys are not a fan of my look. Well, it's been that way for about 2 years, so it is time for a change.Thinking about going to this:

I don't know if I am a fan of it yet. I thought about it in my head and thought it would look good, but now I am not too sure. Here's what I'll be doing:

Black roof
Black Powdercoated Wheels
ASP pinstripe around wheels
Darker tinted windows

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
1) I don't really like the black roof.
2) Rims look nice although I like your look a lot now.
3) Darker windows would look good as well.
4) I wish I had an ASP :)

Nice car ;)

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
thought you sold the car?!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I'm not sure about the roof idea. Maybe if you had a carbon hood and deck lid. Everything else looks good though. Do it.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thought you sold the car?!

Haha... So did I. The guy I sold it to, couldn't get a loan, so I had to take it back. He only gave me $1200 for it, drove it around for 2 months and then backed into a Lambo at our shop. I called it a fair trade since the damage on the back bumper had to be repaired.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
I don't like the black roof on your color nor do I care for the red rims. However, there is a guy selling a beautiful TRD front bumper and rear that would look awesome on your car. Best wishes.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I was thinking about painting the roof blak, only if i had cf trunk/hood.
And the rims with a red stripe around i only really like on blk cars. But there in that picture looks pretty sweet!

·
Registered
594 Posts
not feeling the black roof, but everything else should be nice

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Don't care for the black roof idea. I have to say I have always been a fan of your car though. You've done a nice job so far so if you think you can pull it off go for it. +rep for the ride as it is though.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I like everything that you would like to change except for the roof. It kind of looks like a bad toupee.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The black roof can be pulled off well on few colors, but I'm not sure on ASP. I'm diggin the rims and definitely the tint. Not so sure on the red pinstripe on the rims, I'm undecided. Otherwise, beautiful car, and color.

Why did they ever get rid of the Auburn Sky Pearl after the first year?

·
Registered
960 Posts
go for it! it would look sick imo, besides the black roof

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The black roof can be pulled off well on few colors, but I'm not sure on ASP. I'm diggin the rims and definitely the tint. Not so sure on the red pinstripe on the rims, I'm undecided. Otherwise, beautiful car, and color.

Why did they ever get rid of the Auburn Sky Pearl after the first year?
They replaced it with Absolutely Red, but should have kept both.

·
Registered
213 Posts
IMO you should
-leave the roof alone
-tint the windows darker
-powdercoat the wheel someting lighter than black, maybe like a darker gray
-skip the wheel pinstripe idea

·
Registered
81 Posts
i wish there were more of our color on here but sadly we are few and far between :sigh: i think it would all look good minus the pinstripe on the wheels.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts