Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in michigan, and have a 2000 lightning that i might trade in for a IS 300 this week. I really like the truck but it has been stored all winter and i would rather have something that i am going to drive all year around now that i have my bike if i want something fast. So i have a few questions to bug you guys with =).

What is a good price for the loaded ones? They sticker at 34,600 i think loaded.

I was sold on blue, but now i am not sure if i want black, silver or blue. Anyone have some pics of theres with tinted windows and some mods?

Are there many after market things for them? Who sells a good Carbon Fiber kit, what kind of performance stuff is there, any superchargers or turbo's?

How do you like the car in general? I test drove one and put about 60 miles on one. I like it, i was surprised on the stiffness of the suspension, it cornered like mad.

I looked for a long time to find some good IS sites. This is the only one i really found are there any other good ones?

Feel free to toss anything else in.

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump

Hi I am new to the site, i will probably buy a IS 300 this week. Could anyone please offer any assitanace with some of my questions?

Thanks !

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
im apologize no one has replied yet. ppl here will reply to a troll without a second thought but would nto answer a question for sh_t. ok, my first word of advice would be to do a search on the forum before asking any questions, a lot of common questions have been answered over and over already. now, with that being said, i don't know if you would use the IS as an all year car, as some members have opted to garage it in favor of an SUV. without winter tires the IS is useless i snow. and do you really want road salt to get on your new car? as for price, you should be able to get one loaded for at least 1500 under sticker, if you are really persistant or do an online query, you might be able to get even lower. carbon fiber kits are manufactured by many companies, you can get them at the dealer also, they aren't too nice looking IMO and they do not completely cover everything (look cheesy) and some reports of parts peeling off. if you really want one, i say you get the dealer to throw it in free as an incentive to close the deal. there are quite a few companies working on turbos and superchargers, XS engineering has a Turbo IS on the streets, Area51 Fabrications have one being developed, to name a few. 5ziggen and HKS have exhausts available, and Borla is currently in its final stages of production. There are also a few mods like coilovers and springs and stuff avail. Rod Millen has an intake (which has been proven to hurt performance and cause malfunction lights to coem one), body kits and stuff, as well as Swift Racing Technologies, which has a supercharger in the wings and an intake everyone is raving about. body kits from the Altezza will not fit without compromise (removing 5mph bumper or extending the fiberglass) this is the only major source for IS300 info online, the rest are pics and parts. hope i have helped you in some way.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for you help. That has helped alot. I will end up driving the IS300 in the winter and salt =(. But i will do my best to keep everything clean, and not let the salt get to it. I have been reading back through most of the boards and have found out quite a bit. I hope to add to the forum soon when i get mine, i was pretty active on the Lightning forum.

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys all seem like a helpful bunch, i spend about 4 hours last night reading through all messages on the board. Anyone have anything else to toss in to help me.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts