Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the bastards egged my car, the egg shells jacked up my paint... SO I was looking for a new hood...I was leaning towrds a CF hood. I am looking at the

Kansai:

Wurz

TRD

Which do you think will look best with my set-up?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I would say the Wurz...the large vent matches the front bumber nicely. BTW, is that a Hippo Sleek, its sweet.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GraphiteSportDesign said:
I would say the Wurz...the large vent matches the front bumber nicely. BTW, is that a Hippo Sleek, its sweet.
Yes, that is the Hippo Sleek.

Also, anybody with a CF hood have any problems with it cracking from rocks, or other debris from the street?

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
WURZ it is...but I would paint it same color to match would look hot with the Hippo...
-Matt

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
neither, i saw a hood on a gold IS here, i think his name was VisageIS and it looks awesome, ima see if i can find a pic

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
Kansei, it looks like my old hood! 8)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i like the trd hood, i have it and the fitment and quality is top notch, best i have ever seen

the wurz hood looks nice too but i wanted an oem hood

so either wurz or trd will look good on your car but i think the wurz hood will match up better with your kit

·
Registered
515 Posts
Jay... your car is so sweet, that I'd go with the best fitting hood. With as good as the rest of your car looks, spend the money and go for fit. I like the Kansai, but the fit doesn't look that great. I like the paint on the sides, that follows the lines too. Damn... I wish I had your money bro!

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
R808IS300 said:
I think the HKS Kansai hood looks good.........................check my sig for pics. It will cost you some $$$. :D
How much did you lay down for that bad boy? How is the fitment? I looked myself and there appears to be some little gaps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts