Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I blew a speaker (don't ask me how, I never put my volume past 1 o'clock). Anyway, should I take it back to lexus and have them replace it? The reason I ask is I had an amplifier and 8in subwoofer added to my car. So I'm not sure if that complicates the issue or not. Or should I just replace the speakers at the audio store I bought my bass from? Money isn't the issue.

-anndi

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Anndi,
Take it back to Lexus. I would think that they would fix it under warranty. The amplifier and subwoof shouldn't kill the speaker...

------------------
cardinal

·
Registered
95 Posts
I sometimes turn the knob to 6 o'clock (all the way up). I know I should do this, but it should be able to handle it. If not, that's why the warranty is there.
I get so tempted sometimes, I can't help it.

Sean.

·
Registered
571 Posts
well, if you want to spend the extra bucks...right now would be the best time to upgrade!!!!

You can get some high quality MB quarts for under $200 on the net, and that will improve your sound mad crazy.

Subs/amps have nothing to do with it blowing up assuming your amp ONLY powered the sub. You might want to remove those two first before bringing in the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts