Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have two subwoofers and two huge magnets in my trunk, are there things I shouldn't put in the trunk like a computer? Or will the box magnetically shield the magnets from doing damage to anything prone to damage by a magnet?

·
Registered
807 Posts
only if you bought a magnetically shielded box. Anything electronic, but specifically monitors and hard drives should stay at least 3 ft from your subs.

·
Registered
29,505 Posts
Whoa now, these aren't that powerful. Place a metal object anywhere around you box. Is it attracted? I have had computers parts on, under, above, behind next to, just about everywhere on my sub box. No issues. As long as they aren't coming in direct contact with the magnet, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I know that's a little agressive, but the one time you get a monitor too close to the subs, its all over :-/ I throw anything I might be worried about in the back seat, which is about 3 feet from my subs :)

·
Registered
975 Posts
HeHateMe said:
Whoa now, these aren't that powerful. Place a metal object anywhere around you box. Is it attracted? I have had computers parts on, under, above, behind next to, just about everywhere on my sub box. No issues. As long as they aren't coming in direct contact with the magnet, don't worry about it.
Or, place sheets of metal "inside" the enclosure. That's how most home theater speakers are designed to prevent the magnetism from reaching nearby TVs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts