Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah, so i got my IS300 hmm, 3 weeks ago, and somebodies already broken into it and stole a few things! namely my newly installed AVIC-D3 and believe it or not the spare tire and tools o_O. soo besides having my insurance replace the pioneer, how much do ya think lexus would charge me for the spare and tools to go with it?

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
just call them tomorrow and find out! but you don't need them

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
did you file the headunit with insurance when you installed it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, previous car was a super-charged stang, with a few goodies, i know better then to not tell the insurance when i do some upgrades.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
how much did insurance increase because of that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, well it happens, as for my insurance cost, i use AIG, and oddly enough it only went up a hundred bucks a year for me adding the pioneer. the super-charged stang... i don't wanna talk about the insurance on that thing! O_O

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Thieves suck:burningup Sorry to hear about your loss.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Thats a pretty rough start to owning the IS. Glad to hear it is gonna work out though.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
sucks man.
Thieves are exactly why I get the premium factory audio available and leave it at that. Aftermarket decks were always the reason my car was broken into.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
sorry to hear... good thing you got the AVIC covered under insurance.

as for the spare, it's because the IS300's came with a full-size spare... not a donut. This is the very reason I lock my trunk so that it is not accessible via the remote cable under the seat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, i expected the pioneer being stolen, it was accepted, but the damn spare tire and tool kit? Come on, thats just Sad.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. I hope everything will work out with insurance/finding those thieves.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
yeah, i expected the pioneer being stolen, it was accepted, but the damn spare tire and tool kit? Come on, thats just Sad.
think about it... these thieves would probably hit 3 more IS300's and viola... a whole set of OEM 17's with brand new tires (assuming that every IS they hit have never used their spare)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts