Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Haha there was a story here in Pittsburgh on the news about this last week and I laughed. I figured our cars are too low to easily get the c.converter off without taking too much time/attracting too much attention.

Platinum, bling bling.

·
Registered
16 Posts
with all the salt up here, the bolts are normally rusted to shit. so taking one off the car is hard.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
My buddy works at BASF where they make cat converters. They have really tight security and keep metals in vaults.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
with all the salt up here, the bolts are normally rusted to shit. so taking one off the car is hard.
They're not worried about unbolting so they just cut them off. They just want the exotic metals that are on the inside.

·
Registered
590 Posts
They're not worried about unbolting so they just cut them off. They just want the exotic metals that are on the inside.
Hacking with a battery operated sawsall is their "modus operandi".

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi IS Community. May I suggest that to park your car against the wall, butt in first, now it's going to be harder to steal the prize. Also park closer to the entrance of parking lots or doors, where people move in/out a lot or where you can see your car. Try getting the edge spots or near the edge spots. My best/safest parking advice. Enjoy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Read an article about this in USA Today about a month ago on an airplane. Sounds like they are hitting Toyota 4-Runners and higher vehicles with more clearance that they can get under easier. Also, I would rather take my chance of this rare crime happening, then endure the door dings that are usually associated with parking in the front of parking lots where cars come in and out frequently. I always park in the back of the lot where there are no cars next to me. That way my car is out in the open and easy to see, so if someone were to approach it, they are much more visible. If there are lots of cars around you, they can sneak in and sneak out quicker with the other cars blocking everyone's view. Just my 2 cents...

Hi IS Community. May I suggest that to park your car against the wall, butt in first, now it's going to be harder to steal the prize. Also park closer to the entrance of parking lots or doors, where people move in/out a lot or where you can see your car. Try getting the edge spots or near the edge spots. My best/safest parking advice. Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
were can i sell mine for top dollor! i have 3

1 - 18 of 18 Posts