Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're here! Check out Page 5 of the Gallery for pictures of final production IS's at the Toyota HQ. You can see the Contrasting Piping in the Luxury Package, the Not-Quite-Drilled pedals, the Cup Holder and a Window Sticker...

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited June 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I also spot Goodyear tires...

Cool, they have folding side mirrors too (I love those).

[This message has been edited by JW (edited June 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
goodlord, even that white looks great.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I can't tell from the picture what the difference is between the LP ivory interior from the LS. Anyone see the difference?

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The LP adds Contrasting Piping (looks like a darker beige) to the edges of the seats and Wood Switch Plates to the doors.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Are side mirrors automatic...
Meaning...Is there a switch to fold them in automatically to reduce drag on the highway?

·
Registered
113 Posts
azzet, I wouldn't wanna be driving down the highway with you with "folded" side mirrors. Can you say "blind spot"?

·
Registered
424 Posts
No, azzetlA. Automatically retractable mirrosrs are not usually availabe in Lexus in North America, unlike in Asia. I guess it's because they are considered to be a low usage feature in North America where tight parking is not usually required.

For example, the Windom/ES300 in Asia have this feature but it's deleted in North American version of ES300.

AndyL

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey, i noticed there isn't any grill for the front dam. i don't remember but didn't the european or japanese version have upper and lower grill?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Where's the lower grill???????? The car looks sweet but I don't like the wood switch plates.

[from TEG:
The lower grill is there... it is just hard to see. It is a bit easier to spot on the picture of the black car (as apposed to the picture of the white car). Turn up the contrast/brightness on your monitor. ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited June 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
166 Posts
Originally posted by Kim:
azzet, I wouldn't wanna be driving down the highway with you with "folded" side mirrors. Can you say "blind spot"?
Hey KIM:
If you rely your blind spot on your
side-mirror instead of checking the "Actual Blind Spot" I'D be
!!!
Do you even know what a blind spot is?
You cant check the blind spot with the side-mirror...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ummm....side mirrors DO help, especially the one of the passenger side. If you position it right, you can see it. Try it sometime. Side mirrors are better than NO mirrors at all. Why would anyone want to drive down a highway with their side mirror folded? How much drag do you think you'll reduce?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
U.S. spec Lexuses should have folding mirrors (at least, the sedans and coupe do), since my mother's '92 ES300 has folding mirrors. The MkI MR2's have folding mirrors as well (at least, mine does). As AndyL suggested, folding mirrors are for parking in tight spaces, *not* to reduce drag. If anything, it would probably *increase* drag, though probably not by much.

I have an anecdote about those folding mirrors...

When I was learning to drive on my mother's ES300, I accidently grazed the side of a stupid dualie pick-up truck because (a) those dualie trucks are WIDE and (b) he wasn't supposed to be curb parking because it was a RED zone since the street NARROWS. Fortunately, with the exception of the actual mirror (whose mounting brackets broke which caused the mirror to pop off), there was no damage. The mirror housing basically folded in to absorb the blow. Of course, you shouldn't go around swiping other cars just because you can.

[This message has been edited by JW (edited June 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Does anyone know the final destination for those cars in gallery 5?

Anyone know who took the pictures and when?

The sticker shows options like heated seats and graphite wheels which (I think) aren't part of the production for California.

Are they special order cars for Lexus corporate employees?

Are they the cars that are being sent to Monterey for the press event?

Inquiring minds want to know!

------------------------------------------

Hey JW - welcome to the 1st GEN MR2 -> IS300 club!

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TEG, the pictures came from somone at Toyota who prefers to remain anonymous...as to when, yesterday or the day before.

I don't know the answer to the rest of your questions except that Southern Region isn't getting Graphite Polished wheels either. But apparently we're getting Heated Seats!

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited June 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
306 Posts
Goodyear tires, huh? I thought most of the info assumed they would be Bridgestones. I haven't heard many good comments regarding Goodyear tires. Any idea which ones these are?

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I haven't heard any good comments regarding the Bridgestones.

I can't make out any other markings on the tires from the pictures.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
21 Participants
JW
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing