Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I live in the New Orleans area and they are only selling regular unleaded gas because of the shortage due to the hurricane. Is it ok to run this instead of premium in my car. I have no idea how long it will be before I can get premium. I hate katrina!

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
dam. well im glad that you are okay right now. you can run 87, but the engine will run like its in snow mode all the time. if you dont get on the throttle, you will be fine just to get around in. the engine and ecu will detect slight knock and lower octane and retard the ignition until it gets rid of it.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The owners manual says it can be ran in an emergency. The stupid dealer put regular in my car when I picked it up and it was pinging under hard acceleration. I think it will be alright just drive easily. Don't floor it or accelerate hard and it should be ok. If you hear pinging you are driving too hard. Good luck with the fuel and any other problems brought on by katrina.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
first off..what the hell are you doing there? wasnt it a mandatory evacuation?

nice to know u and ur IS300 are alright....but

if you must, put in regular, and then drive out to Texas or Florida, and look for some premium.. ;)

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
Like the BossMan said it's ok in an emergency just don't make it a regular occurance. (no pun intended)

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Good to hear that you faired well. :) Yes regular unleaded is ok to use in case of emergency.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts