Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They said they do a better job and always use 1 full sheet of tint for the back. Its 50% tint they said..is that dark enough?

------------------
ScoochyDawg -
if you're not wasted, a day is.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Hmmm...50%. If that's correct, you'll barely even be able to notice you've got any tint. The lower the percentage the darker the tint. 35% is the legal limit where I'm at, but I've got 20%
with no complaints. Oh yeah, usually the guys who tell you that they use a full sheet on the back are full of it. That's just my experience and from talking with others. Better give 'em the third degree before you hand over the car.

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited November 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the Lexus dealer doing the tint. they said they do it in 1 sheet. so...I saw the other tint jobs they did and it looked dark i have had many tints on my other cars. and this might not be as dark..but it didnt look unoticable. maybe they are dumb they said 50% but it looked darker. I dunno. whatever..im sure black black interior with even a 50% tint will look pretty dark, see ya!

------------------
ScoochyDawg -
if you're not wasted, a day is.

·
13,978 Posts
mikels: don't know what you're talking about but i got my IS tinted in one piece on the back! the shop i did it at told me that this is the only lexus they can tint in one piece. all the others models (GS, LS) were done in two pieces!

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Guess it really depends on the car and it's rear window area. All I know is that from talking with pro installers, doing one piece tints (rear only of course) will usually result in early peeling or other quality problems. Hope it turns out allright with your car.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I got my back window done in one sheet. I know because i was there whe they did it. They had trouble though. They had to take off the back speakers and panels to get the full one sheet on and to ring the water out..Looks good though. My tint is limo tint. Not sure what percent that is...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
MAmornIS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing