Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to remove your headlights
How to change your turn signals
How to remove your front bumper
By monetaryfund and edited for tutorial by SophieSleeps
my.IS - Tutorial: How to Remove Headlights

Trying to change my turn signals and remove my headlight but these pages don't work.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Some have been copied and pasted into the FAQ, so you can access them there:

http://my.is/forums/f60/

Threads that point to is300.net are not working right now.

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
How to remove your headlights
How to change your turn signals
How to remove your front bumper
By monetaryfund and edited for tutorial by SophieSleeps
my.IS - Tutorial: How to Remove Headlights

Trying to change my turn signals and remove my headlight but these pages don't work.
you DONT have to remove your headlights to change your turn signal bulbs!!!
not sure if you have other plans there, but if its just the turnsignals, SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE OF HAVING TO REMOVE THE FRONT BUMPER TO BE ABLE TO REMOVE THE HEADLIGHTS!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
its actually pretty easy... you can use these steps and do everything at once..

first remove the grill, 4 plastic screws-be careful they break easily
then there are about 6-8 screws under the car that hold the bumper to the underpanel of the car. then on the sides (turn your tire, it will make it easier) pop on the fender liner and there is 1 bolt on each side hold the bumper to the fender. After that dont pull too hard, make sure you unclip your wire harness to the lights.

I think all headlight bolts should be visable after that... good luck hope this helps

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
i did one on removing the bumper and headlights with a video a few weeks ago after two or three people were sayin that the original one wasnt workin...then come to find out Sophies still worked, so my whole writeup was moot...:lol:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
dang forgive my stupid-ness lol
I changed the "www.is300.net" to "my.is" in the URL and they all worked hahaha....

yeah it took me like 20 min but I did manage to change the lower turn signal on driver side with just hands, gloves and patience... without any removal on other parts. Since my hands are big n fat I unlocked/locked the bulb with one finger from engine bay and one finger from the bottom inside the plastic panel I could only squeeze two fingers at a time lol

I wanted to check out how to remove the headlight assembly cuz my driver side has leak it gets all foggy when raining so I bought one off a member here still waiting for it to come though, anyway I got them DIY guides working now so I'll be following that when Im replacing it.

Thanks for the help y'all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts