Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was just wondering why alot of people on is.net put all these altezza emblems on there is300's? I'm not ragging on them or anything i just want to know why, because its not an Altezza and what makes them so great. Altezza's are just an is300 that right hand drive, and has a smaller engine. I was just wondering.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i remember some HIN show i went to back in '99, a stock altezza was there, everyone loved it and wished we had it here, and then it came over as the IS300. the people who always wanted the car they first laid eyes on prior to y2k, are the ones who will want to make theirs like it.

besides, have you ever seen Altezza Netz Cup races? there's no IS300 equivalent here

·
Registered
40 Posts
same idea as why people badge their rsx "integra". i think its just to show resemblance to the better half of our cars. i'd rather have a RS200 than a JCE10 but thats just me. just like the MR2, the north american counterparts of cars usually get toned down.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
So i was just wondering why alot of people on is.net put all these altezza emblems on there is300's? I'm not ragging on them or anything i just want to know why, because its not an Altezza and what makes them so great. Altezza's are just an is300 that right hand drive, and has a smaller engine. I was just wondering.
People always want what they don't have... or are just trying to do something that makes them feel "different". If the cars were sold as Altezza's here and IS300's over there... then the same people you are talking about now would stick IS300 badges on their Altezza's.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
People always want what they don't have... or are just trying to do something that makes them feel "different". If the cars were sold as Altezza's here and IS300's over there... then the same people you are talking about now would stick IS300 badges on their Altezza's.
i would tend to think that's true

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi IS Community, well honestly, I think it's because people like to be unique. They think putting the "Altezza" badge on it makes them feel somewhat special. For instance people who do not know much about cars will probably look at a car like that and say "ohh look it's a Lexus Altezza, it looks so much like an is300 and I wonder where he got that car, is it special edition?". I read the previous threads and many people have a good brain of putting their own ideas on it. I think everyone's opinion is fact though.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
well said for those who explained it as its a trace back to the roots.

i dont mind seeing altezza emblems on IS300's.. but plz get rid of the rest of the badges cuz there are no such thing as a "lexus altezza" lol

·
Registered
703 Posts
well said for those who explained it as its a trace back to the roots.

i dont mind seeing altezza emblems on IS300's.. but plz get rid of the rest of the badges cuz there are no such thing as a "lexus altezza" lol
yeah either go one way or the other not mix badges

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
My Japanese friends with Altezzas love to put the sidemarkers in their bumpers and the big ass USDM antenna. Everyone just wants something a little different.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I first saw the Altezza when i was 15, around 1999..then i saw the IS300 and i fell more in love! I waited many years for my baby.

It is true that the Altezza is the roots to the IS300, but the Is300 is my personal preference because of the beautiful designed 2J.

All this " lexus Altezza " and lexus IS300 badged "Altezza" i do not agree with. The Altezza to me is nibble boosted 4 banger.. and the IS300 is a luxury horsepower hunger monster.

" Altezza " means Depth or Hieght, and funny, its an italian word. i googled it and thats what i got. So what that means to relate to the persona of this car i dont know.

I understand that everyone wants to be different, but that is why there are different and custom body kits, wheels, graphics, paint job.. and many other things.. the way i look at it, respect your car for what it truly is.

I do like the Altezzas, but i own an Inline 6 right hand drive Lexus IS300..

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
I first saw the Altezza when i was 15, around 1999..then i saw the IS300 and i fell more in love! I waited many years for my baby.

It is true that the Altezza is the roots to the IS300, but the Is300 is my personal preference because of the beautiful designed 2J.

All this " lexus Altezza " and lexus IS300 badged "Altezza" i do not agree with. The Altezza to me is nibble boosted 4 banger.. and the IS300 is a luxury horsepower hunger monster.

" Altezza " means Depth or Hieght, and funny, its an italian word. i googled it and thats what i got. So what that means to relate to the persona of this car i dont know.

I understand that everyone wants to be different, but that is why there are different and custom body kits, wheels, graphics, paint job.. and many other things.. the way i look at it, respect your car for what it truly is.

I do like the Altezzas, but i own an Inline 6 right hand drive Lexus IS300..
yours is RHD??

Reactions: Blue99Altezza

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Yeah... in Canada we drive on the left side of the road... :blush:

Reactions: 5spdking

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I'll be honest I badge up my ride with ALTEZZA emblems because all the parts I put on are from Japan and the grille just looks so much cooler than the stock one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The same reason people put;

Silvia on a USDM Nissan 240
Skyline on a USDM G35
Integra on a USDM RSX
Ferio on a USDM 4dr Civic
etc...

Wether its what we are sold vs. what the foreign country gets, a predecessor to what we have, or just merely the "JDM" version or mods, its to be "cool" or just different.

If you go over there, the huge fad is all USDM stuff/names :lol:

Its just to be different, or to show your trying to "create" your ride to as close to the real thing as possible.

Reactions: destron25

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
So i was just wondering why alot of people on is.net put all these altezza emblems on there is300's?
howardtan said:
I think it's because people like to be unique
if people started putting the same badges on their cars, then they're no longer unique.

destron25 said:
I'll be honest I badge up my ride with ALTEZZA emblems because all the parts I put on are from Japan
it still doesn't make your car an altezza!

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
I dunno to me it just seems dumb to put altezza on your car. Wrong motor and wrong side drive. But if all that were changed itd be legit. Ide rather have Lexus on the car even though its the cheapest out of the rest, then to have it say altezza... what the f

1 - 20 of 31 Posts