Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you guys wax your car, does the wax appear again in a couple of days? I've always been very detailed about waxing my car, and I don't spear any white spots on it. After a few days, the wax appear on random places of the body of my car. How do you eliminate this problem? I' use Turtle wax (liquid and the paste).

·
Registered
98 Posts
that happens to me too, white spots just shows up in places that i know i got already, but most of the time only after it rains for some reason. don't know why, maybe because of excess wax or maybe it could be the rain.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Some wax will turn white and some won't. McGuairs claims theirs doesn't turn white. However I've noticed some smears that only show up after driving in the rain, no white, but just smeary looking places. They went away after I washed and wiped the car down again.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Here's a possible solution....

After you have completed buffing the wax, take some cheese cloth and wipe the entire car down again. It will remove any wax residue and continue to increase the shine. You can purchase cheese cloth at automotive stores.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.