Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Manny had a good idea for a thread and he suggested I start this. I agree with him that this is probably something we've needed for quite some time so props to him for kicking me in the butt to get it started. Basically, this thread is to get a list going of speakers we've tried (both successfully and not so much) getting into the IS300.

Here is how I'm going to do this. There will be 3 groups of speakers with lists in ABC order....
  1. Group1 = Tweeter fits in the stock location with no modification and the midbass mounts to the door with a simple 3/4" baffle.
  2. Group2 = Tweeter fits but midbass requires a 1" or thicker baffle.
  3. Group3 = Tweeter requires modifying the stock location and midbass fits with standard 3/4" baffle
  4. Group4 = Tweeter requires modifying the stock location and a 1" or thicker baffle is needed for the midbass.

Fits with a 3/4" baffle and NO tweeter location modification
Focal 165V1
Focal 165VB
Focal 165vrs
Memphis 15-MSQ6
Polk MM6501
Polk DXi6500

Tweeter fits but midbass requires 1" or thicker baffle.
Image Dynamics OEM 6.5"
Phoenix Gold TI65cs

Tweeter requires modifying the stock location and midbass fits with standard 3/4" baffle
Alpine SPR-17S
Digital Designs ddc 6.5
Hertz HSK 165
Hertz MLK165
Infinity Reference 6020cs
Pioneer d1720c
Precision Power PPI 356CS
Rainbow CS265.25
TBI Tweeters

Tweeter requires modifying the stock location and a 1" or thicker baffle is needed for the midbass
Focal 165 K2P
DLS Nordica 6.5

No Baffle Needed
Polk DB690

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When you guys post stuff I'll update the lists. If you see something posted that I forgot to add just shoot me a PM or something and I'll update it.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
image dynamics oem midbass needs a huge baffle, 1-1.25 inches, tbi twep51 hdss tweeter needs mods to fit too.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Nice! How you liking them so far?
They are very good for the money I spent on them. I got them on ebay for like $110-120 shipped after bing cashback! They are so clear and loud. I'm only pumping about 60-70W RMS right now with my Rockford P400-4. I think they will even sound better if I pump more. I heard people were pumping 150w RMS to each side and it sounds awesome. Definitely would recommend these if you were looking for a good upgrade from stock.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hertz HSK 165 6 1/2 component set.

Tweeter fits with modification and woofer fits with 3/4 '' baffle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Rainbow CS265.25 also fits. Tweeter needs modifications, and 6.5 needs a 3/4" baffle. They are a pure delight to my ears, but had to be replaced... :-|

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.