Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1310 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
1. B-AGGRESSIVE
2. 18x8.5 +31F 18x9+38R 5x114.3
3. FRONT ROLLED FLAT ,REAR ROLLED SLIGHTLY PULLED
4. I HAVE SOME 225/40 TIRES CAN I USE THESE TIRES WITH THE WHEELS SPEC?
ANY OTHER MODIFICATION THAT I SHOULD DO? MY CAR IS NOT SLAMMED.
I HAVE A MODERATE DROP. WHAT TIRES SZ SHOULD I GET? ANY INFO IS APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Can i ask some question.

How much work on the fender i need to do to able to fix this without rubbing issues?
18 x 8.5 215/40/18 + 30 Front
18 x 10 245/35/18 + 25 Rear

How much Camber? (I really want it no more than -2)
Roll/pull fender? (I dont mind flare or pull around 10 - 15mm)

Im on stock height but when i get the wheel, all money straight to Coilover and looking for 2 - 2.5" (maybe?) drop.

Is the size of the tires im going for good enough? Maybe lower for a bit more stretch?

Or i just gonna go
18 x 8.5 215/40/18 + 30 Front and Rear

Then maybe spacer the Rear out another 10mm?

I looking to push my IS300 set up to the limit while having it as a daily driving car so cant be rubbing that all. But i do love aggreesive set up wheel, in blood lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi. I was thinking about getting a set of Work Emotion CR-KAI (17x9 +17 offset) for my 04'. I have seen some people that have similar set up's. Some are running after-market fenders and some are not.

I guess it would be similar to Sunny D's set up.

My question is. Are the 17x9 +17 offset too aggressive for factory fenders and quarter panels or will I have to do major fender work or can I pull it off with little fender work? And dose anyone have a price range on them or good site to pick them up from?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
btw, question philly did you ever consider running a bigger tire? if so what stopped you? you seem to have a lot of space for some more tire.
Going off of what was edited as im assuming you had something not worth while keeping here.

I have plenty of room for more tire. Right now im on a 255/40 on a 9.5 wheel. Its a minor close to no stretch in the rear. The problem is not the fender yet the rear bumper connecting to the rear fender. Ive had body work done to make a false wall adding to the rear bumper to match the pull. But still the issue is there. The only way to get more tire and not look dook would be overfenders and to cut away from the problem area.

Back when i was working the fitment issue there was no threads like this for me to base my fitment or body work off of. So my fitment may be outdated but i still know that i and others have helped turn the fitment game around.

Before it was just everyone duplicating the miss is300 look.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
i can say from experience philly/gary was the first person i saw running aggressive offsets. he inspired me. from the rear fender pull, the rubbing issues and wondering what could be done on the stock front fenders, everything he did made me question what a good fitment was. i had never heard of hellaflush, i had never heard of wfc, any of that, but i knew that his fitment was epic. then travis, sang, jacob and white is(sry bro cant remember your name) all showed what could be done and took it further. and so i decided my fitment based on theirs. seriously, this is my thank you to everyone part of the slammed/aggressive movement on this forum. you guy's redefined my idea of what cool was.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
holy god dude. it only took you 6 days from when you asked your question to when you had wheels AND baller coils. i salute you. i love the gold on white, but i am getting a little weary since every one seems to do it, especially on meshies... but thats a nice drop too! it all looks great and i'm glad you got the results you were looking for.

·
Registered
228 Posts
holy god dude. it only took you 6 days from when you asked your question to when you had wheels AND baller coils. i salute you. i love the gold on white, but i am getting a little weary since every one seems to do it, especially on meshies... but thats a nice drop too! it all looks great and i'm glad you got the results you were looking for.
Thanks alot, and yeah i asked some question for it but seem like noone answer so i did some research myself and just do it. Turned out pretty good hehe.

@BeansIS, it knock-off brand $35 each wheel from ebay

·
Registered
923 Posts
Thanks alot, and yeah i asked some question for it but seem like noone answer so i did some research myself and just do it. Turned out pretty good hehe.

@BeansIS, it knock-off brand $35 each wheel from ebay
looks like a MIRO WHEELS STP2's from their step lip collection, I've never heard/seen them in that size and color though. nice choice!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Going off of what was edited as im assuming you had something not worth while keeping here.

I have plenty of room for more tire. Right now im on a 255/40 on a 9.5 wheel. Its a minor close to no stretch in the rear. The problem is not the fender yet the rear bumper connecting to the rear fender. Ive had body work done to make a false wall adding to the rear bumper to match the pull. But still the issue is there. The only way to get more tire and not look dook would be overfenders and to cut away from the problem area.

Back when i was working the fitment issue there was no threads like this for me to base my fitment or body work off of. So my fitment may be outdated but i still know that i and others have helped turn the fitment game around.

Before it was just everyone duplicating the miss is300 look.
my posted was edited because i was addressing an idiot whos post got deleted.
anywho, so pretty much what you're saying is you've done your rear set up without doing anything to the rear bumper tab correct?
by "false wall" you mean on the outside correct?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
my posted was edited because i was addressing an idiot whos post got deleted.
anywho, so pretty much what you're saying is you've done your rear set up without doing anything to the rear bumper tab correct?
by "false wall" you mean on the outside correct?

Where there rear bumper used to meet up with the quarter panel. I had cut away and made a false wall aka the rear bumper come out more to meet up with the pull. The tab i had moved further back by drilling a new hole.

41 - 60 of 1310 Posts