Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the squeaking seaths, paint chips, creaking dash, bubbled tire, jerky shifting into 2nd...... it the frickin noise you have when you have the rear windows down when no one is back there. If you go over 25% down, you get a big like vaccuum or something. Its is a loud noise and the moonroof starts to shake, the seats shake........WTF is that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I cannot stand that noise. It happens when only one window is down and it is deafening. Try putting one window down all the way and driving, it sounds like all the windows are going to shatter. I have the same problem is the RX300, and I don't think there is a way to get out of the problem. Just use your ac and have 2 windows down.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My old Maxima used to do that too. On the IS, I've found that if you open the front window on the same side about 4 inches, the wind noise is reduced considerably. Usually I lower both passenger side windows which generates some pretty good airflow in the cabin.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by mattssi:
Besides the squeaking seaths, paint chips, creaking dash, bubbled tire, jerky shifting into 2nd...... it the frickin noise you have when you have the rear windows down when no one is back there. If you go over 25% down, you get a big like vaccuum or something. Its is a loud noise and the moonroof starts to shake, the seats shake........WTF is that?
I either have all 4 windows down + sunroof open or AC On all the way with everything close (Ofcourse !!!!!).

BTW - Is there a fix for sqeaking seat (driver) noise? What about sqeaking break noise in the morning, is it gonna get better when it wear out??

Oh and I almost forgot Does anyone know if Lexus have the Wind protector for sun roof?? Thanks

[ July 21, 2001: Message edited by: TNguyenIS300 ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
TNguyenIS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing