Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FINALIZED! :: Official South Florida Meet : July 8th, 9th and 10th, 2005

DAY 1: Towers Shop(pass out agenda) 8pm
DAY 2: Morikami Meet 11am-5pm
DAY 2: INDOOR SPEED 8pm
DAY 3: JM LEXUS MEET(SERVICE CENTER) 3pm

WHO: my.IS, ClubLexus, SupraForums,+ other FL clubs/forums.
What: Meet/show/shine/bbq/cruise/etc.
WHERE: (Lake Biwa Pavillion in Morikami Park) @ The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens
WHEN: 7/9
TIME: 11am-5pm
WHY: We need to have a meet.

The Meet/BBQ/Show/Shine is on July 9th (Saturday) 2005
Time: 11am-5pm

Meet at:
(Lake Biwa Pavillion in Morikami Park)
The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens
4000 Morikami Park Road
Delray Beach, FL 33446
561-495-0233
www.morikami.org

INFO on the meet itself:
The meet will be at the grassy area/parking lot/ picnic area on the right hand side as soon as your enter, the meet is NOT at the museum, but in the area in front of it....(Lake Biwa Pavillion in Morikami Park) there are 80 spaces and a huge 5+ acre grassy lot!
they were kind enough to host/sponser us/help us all out. I will be thanking them personally! Everyone needs to show up and support!
More info will be posted here:

-Rain or shine event!

We will need the following items
coolers, generator, stereo sound system, folding chairs,

ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE RULES AND REG.
-PLEASE DO NOT BRING ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES!
-A NO TOLERANCE POLICY WILL BE IN EFFECT AND YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE!
-THIS IS A LIABLITY ISSUE TO ALL PARTIES INVOLVED!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

JM LEXUS MEET SUNDAY 7/10/05 @ 3pm!

WHO: my.IS, ClubLexus, SupraForums,+ other FL clubs/forums.
What: Meet/show.
WHERE: JM LEXUS SERVICE CENTER
WHEN: 7/10
TIME: 3pm
WHY: We need to have a meet!

MEET AT:
JM LEXUS
5350 W. Sample Road
Margate, FL 33073
(954) 972-2200

JM LEXUS MEET! 3pm IN FRONT OF SERVICE CENTER
INFO on the meet itself:

We have secured a meet with JM Lexus of Coconut Creek/Margate.
They were very happy to host us for day #3 of our huge meet, space is limited for the showing cars. Spectators #'s = unlimited!
Updates to follow on this:
-There will be VIP guided tours! Time: TBA
-There will be a radio spot.
-They are helping us out alot.
-BBQ, BBQ, BBQ

(everyone please thank Lexus_girl, SHANNON, is the one that helped us out)...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Activites we are having:
Go Carts
BBQ($5-7 to cover food)
Raffle(bring some cash)!
JM LEXUS BBQ and tour
Show contest/judging done by a moderator.
Photoshoot
-------------------------------------------------------------------

THE DATES/AGENDA:

FRIDAY July 8th, 2005

-Meet at Tower Shops Car show 8pm
-Pass out agenda for the weekend
-We are meeting on the parking lot south of the TACO BELL

SATURDAY July 9th, 2005

-Meet/show/shine/BBQ @ The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens 11am-5pm

-Indoor go-cart racing INDOOR SPEED, off of I-95 and commerical blvd. 8:00pm

Click here to SEE PRICES

SUNDAY July 10th, 2005

JM LEXUS SERVICE CENTER MEET/SHOW @ 3pm

Please RSVP on the South Calendar posts for each event you plan to attend. This will help us to better organize. Links below.

Friday night, July 8th Tower Shops meet:
Click here to RSVP

Morikami Park MEGA MEET, Saturday 9th July:
Click here to RSVP

Saturday night's go-kart racing:
Click here to RSVP

JM LEXUS MEGA MEET Sunday 10th July:
Click Here to RSVP

ROLL CALL THREAD SFL MEET!
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE THE THREAD
------------------------------------------------------------------
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH THE MEET,
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH THE ACTIVITES/FLYERS
Everyone can help with advertising and getting the word out

Central Florida Caravan Discussion/Rollcall
Several my.IS members will be driving down for the meet and have started a thread .
which can be found here

SO FAR WHO IS HELPING:
So Far I have
-John-ED-Scott(sc300)-Joaquín-Tony-Randy-Nick-Shawn-Jon-Mike

VENDORS/SPONERSERS:
-Shining Monkey
-Toyomoto
-ATurboLexus.com
-Thecarcierge.com
-Morikami Museum
-Crown Trophies
-Carson Toyota/LTUNED PARTS
-JM LEXUS
+ more!!!

-JOSH

-Pm me with questions, concerns, etc.
-Please respond and pass this around...Thanks ;)
INFO WILL BE UPDATED AS I KNOW!!
-I have worked my ass off to get this whole thing set up and done, also to keep the thread constantly updated... please help out and get the word out to all club members and other florida forums!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
DIRECTIONS to the MUSEUM

MAP

(I think there are 2 entrances, use the main one with the two pillars on each side) once you go through them, just make a right at the pinic area/pavallion.

-From the North on I-95:
I-95 south to Linton Blvd., Delray, travel west for 4 miles to Jog Rd. and turn south (left). Proceed approximately 3/4 miles to Main Museum entrance road (just past traffic lights at Morikami Park Road), follow winding road to museum parking lot.

-From the North on Florida's Turnpike:
Take the Turnpike south to Delray Beach exit (Atlantic Ave.) and head east approximately 2 miles to Jog Road. Turn south (right) onto Jog Road. Proceed approximately 1-3/4 miles to Main Museum entrance road (just past traffic lights at Morikami Park Road), follow winding road to museum parking lot.

-From the South on I-95:
Take I-95 north to Yamato Road in Boca Raton--exit onto westbound Yamato and travel 4 miles to Jog Road. Turn north (right) onto Jog Road and proceed approximately 3 miles to Main Museum entrance road, follow winding road to museum parking lot.

-From the South on Florida's Turnpike:
Take the Turnpike north to Delray Beach exit (Atlantic Ave.) and head east approximately 2 miles to Jog Road. Turn south (right) onto Jog Road. Proceed approximately 1-3/4 miles to Main Museum entrance road (just past traffic lights at Morikami Park Road), follow winding road to museum parking lot.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
DIRECTIONS TO INDOOR SPEED

MAP CLICK HERE

(Take I-95 to the Commercial Blvd West exit to Powerline Road.Turn NORTH to Speed Indoor Racing)
5300 Powerline Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309-3172
MAP CLICK HERE

-----------------------------------------------------------------
DIRECTIONS TO TOWERS SHOPPING CENTER

DIRECTIONS

Tower Shops, University Dr. & I-595, Davie FL
(Towers is located off of I-595 and University Drive If coming from the west, make a right onto University and it will be on the left. If coming from the east make a left and it will be on the left hand side)
(I-95 North/South. Whichever way you're coming from. To I-595 West to the University Drive exit. Make a left onto to University and the Tower Shops will be on the left hand side, it'll be the second light. (Just after the Taco Bell.)

THANKS AGAIN!
-JOSH

FLYERS are in my hands, need help passing them out

Edit: EVERYONE PLEASE BRING 1 case of soda or case of water.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Either AutoX or Go-Karts at Speed Indoor Racing in Fort Lauderdale are a must, IMHO.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Numbers

EDIT:

NUMBERS EXPECTED:

30-50 Supra's
10-20- Nissan Dawgs
25-50 Is300
10-30 Gs300
Ferrari
srt4
g35
s2k
350z
viper
porshce
vette
sti
wrx
+ tons of other high end imports~!

numbers are estimated at 200 + cars with about 300 spectators from volume of interest with involved parties

This is the summer mega meet, once in a lifetime event!

100% FREE

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Lex,
all great ideas for sure!!!!
auto-x is an all day event, hence the meet would have to be more than a day in order to do other things.
either or, auto-x or go karts are a must. The A1A cruise is a great idea, we had brought it up for past meets, never realized though. I think we should stick with it this time....what a site to see a bunch of IS's cruising down ocean drive!!! now, who is going to volunteer to take vids and pics!
Mark Ham park is kinda in the middle of the three counties, so that is my vote for a park.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
METEORO said:
Lex,
all great ideas for sure!!!!
auto-x is an all day event, hence the meet would have to be more than a day in order to do other things.
either or, auto-x or go karts are a must. The A1A cruise is a great idea, we had brought it up for past meets, never realized though. I think we should stick with it this time....what a site to see a bunch of IS's cruising down ocean drive!!! now, who is going to volunteer to take vids and pics!
Mark Ham park is kinda in the middle of the three counties, so that is my vote for a park.
Ive planned the dates out as a weekend event..the 3 dates next to each other...so im planning a 3 days event...fri sat and sun...thanks for the feedback

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
From my selfish point of view, the June or July dates would work far better than the August dates. Around those August days I'll be taking my son back to Gainesville for the start of the UF '05 fall term. Then again, I know many of the potential meet attendees are in college as well...

Another random thought: Steve And Tony wanted to set up a meet at JM Lexus whenever they finished their service department renovations. To my knowledge, they're either finished or nearly so...

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I will be there , make sure u let us in advance so I can get that time off and aug will be too late cause I have to plan for SEMA. I think june or july will be a good time frame . I need to know in advance to round up the guys here in south Fl and some in Broward and Palm Beach areas.

·
Registered
169 Posts
guys do remember about rainy season in july and august

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
lexforlife said:
guys do remember about rainy season in july and august
Quite true. Do we aim for June, then?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
well...theres already a "mini meet" planned for the 1st of may...and also in the middle of may for the monthly autoX....check the caledars...there already posted..:)

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
If you looking in Palm Beach County, Sugar Sand is a good park. If you are looking in Broward, Markham park is nice and it is easy to get to. I think a visit at JM is a great idea as well.

I would keep it simple and only make it for a couple hours, if it is a whole day or multiple days the amount of people that will commit might be lower.

Also it might not be a bad idea to do an informal "get-together" at a mall parking lot or restaurant to get a feel for the amount of people that might turn out.

I know in Broward there is a weekly get together for cars at Tower Shops in Davie, right off 595. It is free and there is a bunch of cars of all types. You could have an informal meet there, build interest, and with the cars in attendance, you could plan your own event.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Squareback said:
If you looking in Palm Beach County, Sugar Sand is a good park. If you are looking in Broward, Markham park is nice and it is easy to get to. I think a visit at JM is a great idea as well.

I would keep it simple and only make it for a couple hours, if it is a whole day or multiple days the amount of people that will commit might be lower.

Also it might not be a bad idea to do an informal "get-together" at a mall parking lot or restaurant to get a feel for the amount of people that might turn out.

I know in Broward there is a weekly get together for cars at Tower Shops in Davie, right off 595. It is free and there is a bunch of cars of all types. You could have an informal meet there, build interest, and with the cars in attendance, you could plan your own event.
They did that for the shining monkey meet, as far as feeling out the public, usually alot of people come its just getting the word out...and for a 3 day event it works out nicely gives everyone something to do or go to if they cant make 1 day they have the other two days as options...

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
baadhabit said:
^i third that. i vote for a June meet too. is that too soon to set something up with JM Lexus?
I have no power what so ever while in orlando, when I get back in south florida on may 2nd ill start to plan it all out, as far as too soon, its a possiblity...we shall see

·
Registered
171 Posts
How About Eveyone Who Can Get Together For A Mini Meet At Towers On Every Friday Night. It's Easy To Get Too And Right Off Of 595 And University. We Can Also Schedule A Meet In That Marking Lot On Sat Or Sun Whenever. I Have Had Other Car Meets There Before. Always Had A Good Turn Out. I Used To Go Out There Alot With My 240sx And Grand National. Always Had A Nice Time There. Either Way I'm Going To Be There This Friday If Anyone Esle Wants To Go And Park There Car Next To Mines, I'm Cool With It. Laters

1 - 20 of 242 Posts