Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plain and simple: Nike always has had ads that rock. From Bo Knows to the "herd" of trail runners I just saw in their apparel ad, their creativity (or their ad firm for that matter) is second to none.

So what was your favorite?

The lastest one i saw was for their clothing, and had a herd of runners, male & female doing pseudo trail running... it was more like mountian running as they didn't always follow atrail. They moved exactly like a herd of gazzels or water buffalo They even played the sound of a heard in full run for effect :)

Very cool

·
Registered
19,381 Posts
you know what s0y - that ad was just on a few minutes ago - i've seen it a few times and I agree it's very cool. the way they have the runners going like a herd - it's attention getting IMO

·
Registered
354 Posts
i can't remember if it was nike but i like the one where they so all the people warming up before their event...it moved me! :cry:

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you guys see what I'm saying? every one y'all ahve listed are clean memories in my head, ones that I really liked... I can't think of one I don't like...

how about the one where tiger woods boucned a ball on an iron and then wails the thing like 200 yds baseball style? Unreal... i read about that ad, and it turns out that was improv; Tiger was jsut screwing around between shots for this other commercial and they let him just go w/ it and they used that footage instead! :D

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
I like the one with all the runners come out of their houses, various shops, or just off the street, and start running in the pouring rain. All the while everyone else who isn't a runner is trying to find shelter form the rain.

Also, the Y2K ad that appeared showing utter chaos (cause of the whole YSK scare), and yet there were still people running among the chaos.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aubie83 said:
The Bo Jackson one rocked ass!!! 8) 8)
you dolt, there was a whole series of Bo ads, and even one w/ Bo diddly rockin some blues. :roll:

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
papercliprebel said:
the one of the athletes warming up was pretty creative. especially since the soundtrack was of an orchestra warming up. get it?
I think this ad was great. The music progresses to the point where it is just going to explode into musical harmony matched perfectly to the point where the athlete begin their competition or sport. Very nice.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The one with MJ.

Doubt me
Disrespect me

Tell me I am older
Tell me I can no longer fly

I want U TOO!!

And ne glides from the free throw line at like 36 (and barley makes it) :chill:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I liked the olympic ad too...but I really liked the Presto ads with the french narration and a crazy chicken. That was the best for me!

·
8,803 Posts
The presto ads were good... Unholy Cumulus.

Also liked the one where the guy is running around the city and everyone is scattering, hiding behind sh*t... They are playing a game of tag... At the end its the swoosh and "PLAY"

·
Commander In Beef
25,546 Posts
Do you know which ads were really great, IMO?

1) The add with the Brazilian World Cup team passing and dribbling in and around an airport, with Ronaldo, Rivaldo, etc...I thought that add was amazing, and they used a Sergio Mendez 66 song that was just perfect.

2) the ads with Tiger Woods bouncing the golf ball off the face of his wedge in 50 different ways.

3) The ad a couple of year with the different basketball players doing trick dribbles while turning the sound of the bouncing balls in rythms and beats.

4) "IS IT THE SHOES??" :lol:

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
here's a nother great one i saw recently (on their website): A dude is walking down the street and you see a nike billboard above him featuring a large photo of a shoe... As he walks past the show comes to life, and transforms into a robot, and hops down off the billboard :)
http://www.nikelab.com

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mms://windowsmedia.dvlabs.com/adcritic/nike-capture.asf
(the link looks wierd but paste it in your browser and it will spawn the Windows Media Player)
Great commercial "Tag"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
16 Participants
caren
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing