Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember what model it was...but Saab claimed it will be the safest car on the road with new sheet metal, etc..

But, they showed the center console...it was pretty bad ass. Imagine our dash, but only a thin front piece with all the controls so that you could actually reach behind like the ac unit and stereo to the other side of the car. Basically a thin, remote control that acted as the dash. It contained controls for the climate control, stereo, etc.

Ok, if they keep coming out with stuff like this, what about after market shizzle? There is now no way for an aftermarket stereo to fit in a 1" deep pocket in this new Saab.

It already sucks that most high-end cars already have to do a ton of work or make their dash look like ass to accomodate aftermarket-stereos.

Eh, I guess thats how it goes..or manufactureres need to step ups yo's

·
8,849 Posts
I agree with you. The IS is not easy to work on. Luckily Altezza's Double Din adapter works for us.

As far as the Saab goes, I guess the only thing left is to install LCD and have a headunit in the trunk. That's how my setup is now.

·
Premium Member
16,597 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts