Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

You thought your Altezza rear lights were played out? Well this Ford Mondeo is gonna play out the front of your cars as well.

·
15,322 Posts
wheres the logo trojan man? jeez, what do you expect from this type of topic? OMG theres another car out there with similar headlights, i must sell my car immediately!
OMG, they stopped making the SI, crap, maybe honda is trying to tell us that civics were intended for the family! NOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and the headlights aren't the only thing similar. the grills and the location of the fogs are very similar to that of the is300.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Ford doesn't plan to bring that Mondeo to the USA.

The old Mondeo came here (sort of) with the Ford Contour, but they have cancelled that model.

From what I hear, the new Mondeo platform may arrive in the USA as a Jaguar (X400???) but with a totally different external appearance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ford cannibalized itself by selling the Contour next to the Taurus. There was not nearly the same advertising $$$ spent on the Contour. And the Contour was a nice car (friend used to own one). From the way the European crowd has accepted the Mondeo, Ford should rethink it's acceptance by the American public. Remarketing it as a "entry-level" Jaguar may be just the key.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's still a f.o.r.d=Fix Or Repair Daily. Never buy american, or you'll get slammed.

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
62 Posts
beging a contour owner, i have to say that it is a pretty reliable car, but ford service S*CKS, hugely! i just spent close to $700 for a timing belt and water pump change on my car. almost double what they quoted me over the phone. total bullsh*t, but they aren't budging. and after spending all that money on a 4 hour repair, they didn;t even wash my car. my old dealer would have at least washed it even for a spall item like an oil change. riduculous!

i really like the new mondeo ST200/ST250, but of course, they aren't making it here in the US because they are too busy making those friggin SUVs. and they are trying to replace the Contour SVT with a Focus SVT??? come on! please don't even try to tell me that the focus SVT will replace the current contour!

whatever, i'm rambling. i hate ford. but i love my contour. i would definitely buy another, probably an SVT model if i didn't have to deal with the crap that ford dealerships put you through.

------------------
IS 300 ???
Not yet, but maybe soon....

1995 Ford Contour Zetec GL -- Modded

http://www.contour.org

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by laughingboy:
Ford should rethink it's acceptance by the American public. Remarketing it as a "entry-level" Jaguar may be just the key.
in fact, the new Jaguar X400 will be based on a modified mondeo platform. modified to accept 30 front/70 rear AWD.

the next gen volvo S/V40 and Mazda 626 will also see modified versions of the new euro mondeo. there has also been some speculation of a cougar sedan, but ford probably won't do that. too much incestual competition.

------------------
IS 300 ???
Not yet, but maybe soon....

1995 Ford Contour Zetec GL -- Modded

http://www.contour.org

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey atomic, how are you doing buddy?! How are things bro? I went to a club meet and met some clubsi guys here in DC. Are you friends with them?

I see we've been pretty good these days on the forum...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
Jebzter
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing