Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Pro TLE II

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
6701 - 6720 of 6729 Posts

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Surprised myself with this purchase. The performance surprised me even more... Sadly, I have to admit, it's a much better gun than my HK.

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
The slide stop is too awkward and impossible to operate without radically changing grip. Found out there's a fix for it :)

Before:

After:

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Gun is halfway broken in but I was able to fully break in the new holster overnight :)
Still might go with Kydex but I'm liking this so far:

You can see how the extended slide stop wore in nicely. I think I did it right... also rolled up some paper tight and laid on top of the slide so the front sight wouldn't catch on the way in.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Rebarreled my BM, got a good deal on this Yankee Hill Machine barrel. Went with a melonite MI low pro and Seekins black gas tube. Barrel is the YHM47TF, which is their melonite treated 1/7 fluted barrel. Shoots great, but loves higher grain verses M193 or AE223.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
New CMC tactical trigger installed, took about 10 minutes(drop in FCG). Love the feel of it, incredible break, and night/day to the milspec FCG. 3# fixed pull and I'll probably never go back to a regular curved trigger. I plan on getting another for my 300BLK build.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Very cool... How do you like the ambidextrous bolt catch?
Thanks man.
I was weary at first because there's not much room for your finger but luckily I have skinny fingers, so it works fine. Fatter fingers wouldn't work well with the BAD lever(even worse for the Phase 5 lever). I did not want to get rid of the BAD, I love that little thing.

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Thanks man.
I was weary at first because there's not much room for your finger but luckily I have skinny fingers, so it works fine.
I imagine a gloved hand would be difficult too... Looks good enough for me though! I want!

I'm set on my next purchase being an AR. Love a single stack (surprised myself) for carry but besides a 12ga shooting slugs, I need a proper rifle.

Sigh!

6701 - 6720 of 6729 Posts
About this Discussion
6.7K Replies
179 Participants
richcracker
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing